Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wearing Colours to West Ham

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Last time we played at West Ham, I received advice from several different sources that Upton Park was`nt the safest place to visit for an away fan and it would be sensible not to wear colours up there. I did`nt and I have to say that I probably would`nt have felt entirely comfortable if I had. A lot of Albion fans did`nt. This time we are going up in much greater numbers (not that that is any guarantee of safety!) and I`m tempted to risk it. Does anyone else have a view on this?.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
harold robbins said:
Last time we played at West Ham, I received advice from several different sources that Upton Park was`nt the safest place to visit for an away fan and it would be sensible not to wear colours up there. I did`nt and I have to say that I probably would`nt have felt entirely comfortable if I had. A lot of Albion fans did`nt. This time we are going up in much greater numbers (not that that is any guarantee of safety!) and I`m tempted to risk it. Does anyone else have a view on this?.

Stinky Bridge is an authority on colour schemes for away games.

Last edited:

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
harold robbins said:

I wore colours for the last 'Butters winner' visit and had no problems at all

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Wont wear colours as I dont own any colours. Would think it will be ok to wear them anyway . Worse you'd get would prob be verbals anyway , unless you're acting a cock

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I will be wearing a suitable albion top with the logo " f*** off you chavvy cockney bastards" proudly emblazened on the front.

:salute: :salute: :salute:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
How about getting 5000 t-shirts printed up?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
i'll be sitting with appy ammers so don't think wearing the stripes (or the white) would be one of my best ideas. God i hope i don't make a noise WHEN we score

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Rookie said:
i'll be sitting with appy ammers so don't think wearing the stripes (or the white) would be one of my best ideas. God i hope i don't make a noise WHEN we score

It doesn't look like I am going to get a ticket in the Brighton end, so I will hopefully be frequenting the 'Ammers section also.

I will make sure I take some sushi eel rolls and shout some homosexual obscenities at the Brighton faithful. "Oi you, young man. Come hither you homsexual, you are going to be a loaf of bread"

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I went on the tube and wore colours and had no end of trouble both before and after the game.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i will wear colours, presuming i am in the away end

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I got loads of needle from West Ham fans on the train back to Essex after the last one, no problems actually in London.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
harold robbins said:

I went into the WHU members' bar after the last game in my stripes. Got some grizzly looks, but came out alive :)

Don't take the tube! I did that last time and was f***ing terrified!

Attachments

• fanleyfreaks.jpg
    fanleyfreaks.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 260

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
If I can get a ticket it will be in the Home end, and as I will be travelling home in the opposite direction of most Albion fans (and the same directions as a significant number of the Irons) I will most definitely not be wearing the shirt !

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Stinkers Bridge said:
Where is going to be safe to drink before the game?

A friend of mine suggested the mouth, then down the throat and into the stomach.
What does everyone else think?

I'm not sure what colours I'm going to wear yet. Probably something magenta.

A useful dietary tip is to dribble 5% of the beer down the side of your mouth, down your chin and down your neck. It has been proven to help lose wieight.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I cant remember what colour I wore last time. It might have been blue. Or black. As its winter I would think I will probably wear something black again. Or blue. Was it winter last time? If it was autumn I would have worn an autumnal colour like Brown or yellow. Im pretty sure I had black plimsols on. But I might be wrong, they might have been white.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here