Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wearing colours to Palace

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Naturally :)

Millwall dont call us the nigels for nothing, the average Palace fan is far more likely to step in and try to stop trouble than to start it.

I am glad those days are behind us now. But you lot didn't used to be like that. I have not so fond memories of fighting with you lot over Hove Park, and at the station.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
I am glad those days are behind us now. But you lot didn't used to be like that. I have not so fond memories of fighting with you lot over Hove Park, and at the station.

True. Football's evolved since those days. Hopefully there'll be no repeat of the policing fiasco in and around Brighton in September. I think the Met will have more control & more sense than Sussex rozzers.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks

Hmm i was a bit young, i used to hang around the periphery of the proper hard lads, i was only 12/13 just a little skinny kid, there was generally trouble whether caused or defended, I remember doing quite a lot of running and scarf hiding :-D
Theres no groups like them any more although you still see some of the faces about. The HF are anti violence, not saying they are weak but they certainly dont go looking for trouble. So in summary a few gobby kids, a few old boys hankering after the "good old days" much like any club i suppose.
Having said all that I did notice a serious under current of potential violence with Millwall the other week when we were penned in at the top of the Holmesdale, I actually thought it was going to go off. I wonder if I would have jumped in or been off on my toes like when i was a kid :)

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Tricky one this. Apart from Millwall, its the one trip where I think twice.My heart says wear the stripes , my head (based on so many previous trips up there) says it might be sensible not to. Might fudge it by wearing a jacket I can zip up.

Whats the consensus on this ?. Just to be clear, it doesnt make you a coward if you choose not to nor does it make you a hard case if you do.

Try and stop my 14 year old daughter wearing hers, and if i don`t wear mine she takes the piss.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I won't be wearing colours tonight, as i've got to travel back into London after the game.
Does anybody know what's happening after the final whistle? Are we being kept in? Reckon we'll be marched to another far away train station again?

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Back in the day the brighton mob wore palace colours and palace brighton!
All very confusing???

I remember back in the 80's we had a friendly at Selhurst , crowd was about 5000 , we were in our end then heard a big shout of Albion , Albion , they were about 50-60 of their top boys , they got into our end , there were only about 200 of us , some lads , men , women children , but everyone lined up from the top of the terrace to the bottom of the terrace ready , but they did not do anything , they paid all their hard earned dole money and did jack shit ?? So funny , kicked off a bit at the station though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Beware of Pickpockets

Keep you wallet in your inside pocket and fill you outside pocket with tacks.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Its two degrees here in central London. You'll need long sleeves shirts. And my Palace suporting colleague who is going tonigt informs me that Shithurst does NOT have undersoil heating!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here