Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We where mugged

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
I left today's game with my son feeling totally pissed off and baffled at Gus poyet decisions on our subistitutions. Does anybody else feel the same as the game should have been ours.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Yep, for the FIRST time time I disagreed with Gus' subs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
we were never in control of the game the substitutions made things worse:US:

I disagree as I thought that we looked to be going to withstand their attacks and hold out for at least a draw, if they managed to score. When Dicker and Carole were brought on I thought that we looked to be quite safe taking the game to them again and that they wouldnt score.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Where were we mugged? Withdean.

(Thought I would get in before someone else did!)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For a while the subs worked. We tightened the game up and having been over run by Norwich earlier in the half we then matched them more. The fact we got undone in the end was nothing to do with the subs. That said I personally would have brought on Dickinson and Dicker, not Carole. Firstly because Dickinson would have held the ball up well which in my view we needed to do better in the second half, and secondly because Carole is an absolute waste of space.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
İbrahim Tatlıses;3351809 said:
Plenty of people feel the same way mate, but on another day 4-5-1 would have worked in our favour and we would have taken a 1-0 win.

I would say the defence are more to blame than Poyet.

again thats it. the ball was in the air for what seemed like eternity,then its in the net. their second. for that to go in was criminal. cant say who was to blame too busy laughing at a poor free kick!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
For a while the subs worked. We tightened the game up and having been over run by Norwich earlier in the half we then matched them more. The fact we got undone in the end was nothing to do with the subs. That said I personally would have brought on Dickinson and Dicker, not Carole. Firstly because Dickinson would have held the ball up well which in my view we needed to do better in the second half, and secondly because Carole is an absolute waste of space.

Agree with most of that but not with Carole being a waste of space, he did contribute to our attacking play.

However i think i would have kept Holroyd on, and maybe subbed Murray instead, because of Holroyds pace offering more of a threat on the counter as they pushed forward looking for a goal.

But as someone else said earlier, another time those subs would have worked and people would be agreeing with the changes Poyet made, but thats football.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seb Carole could do with a bit of shooting practice on the training field. At least Craig Davies only used to blast them just wide. Carole consistently blasts shots about fifteen foot over the bar. Schoolboy error stuff.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We were mugged - a point would hahve been sad, defeat impossible to take after being up at 80 mins.

I understand the Dicker sub - he did very well when he came on. Didn't understand Carole (very poor again IMO) or Hart. Dickenson should have been better able to hold teh ball up.

Once again they took their chances (few though they had) and we didn't - cleared off the line etc. Murray isn't clinical enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here