Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We were totally out sung today!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think the Wrexham fans were bloody good today. They never stopped singing from kick off until the final whistle. They should be proud of them selfs.. The old "were the north stand" "west stand" didn't get started and north stand was singing it alone between the left side and right side. Once we scored the atmosphere turned up but that was about it. Very disappointing.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Of course we were. It was Wrexham's biggest game of the season whereas most of our fans aren't going to be massively up for a cup tie against non-league opposition.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Now some people will know how it is like to follow the Albion away.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Agreed. From my unusual perch in the west stand upper it was easy to hear that the Wrexham fans were louder but it's not surprising it was their big day. Looking forward to getting back in the North for Bristol City

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I'm sorry but it was probably Wrexham's biggest game in years but for us it meant little. I for one only went to get points for Palace.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I think the Wrexham fans were bloody good today. They never stopped singing from kick off until the final whistle. They should be proud of them selfs.. The old "were the north stand" "west stand" didn't get started and north stand was singing it alone between the left side and right side. Once we scored the atmosphere turned up but that was about it. Very disappointing.

its all well and good till we get this left side/right side lark. now that's pathetic really. the wrexham fans were brilliant.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
As others said, it was their big day. We outsung Villa when we played them at Villa Park, as with Spurs, West Ham and so on when we were the underdog. It wasn't a great atmosphere, but still louder than some Championship grounds i've been too this year which isn't too bad for a cup tie.
I usually love getting involved with singing, but today just didn't feel up for it, spent more time looking at the away end thinking of the days that we used to get all excited at an away trip to a nice stadium in the cup. Happy days. The way we played didn't help, it is getting a bit negative IMO.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
As others said, it was their big day. We outsung Villa when we played them at Villa Park, as with Spurs, West Ham and so on when we were the underdog. It wasn't a great atmosphere, but still louder than some Championship grounds i've been too this year which isn't too bad for a cup tie.
I usually love getting involved with singing, but today just didn't feel up for it, spent more time looking at the away end thinking of the days that we used to get all excited at an away trip to a nice stadium in the cup. Happy days. The way we played didn't help, it is getting a bit negative IMO.

Come on fella your not some prawn sandwich muncher at old Trafford you can sing whenever or where ever

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
i remember going to old trafford years ago for a cup game,same thing there,i think the stretford end only broke out singing once for the entire match and that's back in the terracing days

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Come on fella your not some prawn sandwich muncher at old Trafford you can sing whenever or where ever

Yes, I can, and will. But today something was missing, probably because i wasn't too fussed about the result, and couldn't be bothered.

Only went for the loyalty points towards Palace though.

Ci Sgoti

Feb 22, 2011
In fairness it was a big away day. When we entertain you at the Racecourse (University Glyndwr Stadium, oops always forget that) I'm sure you'll find your voices and probably outsing us. That seems the way.

Plus it always takes a while to settle into a new stadium. The Welsh footie crowd still hasn't sussed out the Millenium

From the txts I got from my friends who went they were suitably impressed by everything you have down there and were nothing but complimentry. Its something we here should aspire to.

I couldn't go sadly cos the missus is expecting this weekend and I don't mind saying I'm a bit miffed about it. She ain't dropped yet either but the little got quite active around half four, probably whistling for full time like me ;)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I love the fact they responded to 'Stand up if you hate Palace' with 'Stand up if you love Wrexham'. Rather showed up. It would be great if we could get behind our team with 'Stand up if you love Brighton' once in a while.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
In fairness it was a big away day. When we entertain you at the Racecourse (University Glyndwr Stadium, oops always forget that) I'm sure you'll find your voices and probably outsing us. That seems the way.

Plus it always takes a while to settle into a new stadium. The Welsh footie crowd still hasn't sussed out the Millenium

From the txts I got from my friends who went they were suitably impressed by everything you have down there and were nothing but complimentry. Its something we here should aspire to.

I couldn't go sadly cos the missus is expecting this weekend and I don't mind saying I'm a bit miffed about it. She ain't dropped yet either but the little got quite active around half four, probably whistling for full time like me ;)

Your fans did themselves and your club proud, and the inflatable sheep flying around the away end made me chuckle :thumbsup:

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
this

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Yes, I can, and will. But today something was missing, probably because i wasn't too fussed about the result, and couldn't be bothered.

Only went for the loyalty points towards Palace though.

Thus making you no better than a day tripper today. Sure you'll turn it on for Bristol City though hey?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here