Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We were immense tonight

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire
Just got in from the game and I am BUZZING. The boys were absolutely IMMENSE this evening! Fought and battled their hearts, out all of them. Particular praise for Virgo and Elphick who, if he is not already, is an Albion legend in waiting. That guy is a leader. Both of 'em won every header and blocked everything. Owusu ran his socks off, but Gary Hart!! As much as Whingy will deserve player of the season if he gets it, OGH has got to be a contender. Never can a player have had such an impact on a season in such a short ammount of time. The two crosses he put in tonight ( I think it was him on both occasions) were just sublime, and he would have ran through walls tonight if Slade had asked him to.

Was a bit lukewarm about Slade when he arrived, but he's got something about him. I haven't been to too many games this season, the Southend game being he last but one home game I went to, and they looked like they had accepted relegation then in my view. But tonight they looked like they were playing for their lives. The transformation has been nothing short of miraculous.

Celebrations at the end will live long in the memory - don't anyone come on here and say the players aren't bothered. Tonight proved they are. And some.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Couldn't have put it better myself - those guys really laid down their lives (not literally of course) for the club tonight - absolutely magnificent. OGH was unbelievable - superb crosses for both our goals, and he absolutely ran himself into the ground. But it's not just his running - he has a superb ability to shield the ball and just wriggle past defenders. Great decision to give him another contract this year - thank you Micky Adams!!

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
Wonderful stuff - have just seen the second goal on tv and it was fabulous. I thought the team were magnificent tonight - Gary Hart is a revelation, Russell Slade is such a star - I just love the Albion at the moment - the celebrations after the final whistle were just superb - more of the same on Saturday please!!

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Saw the goals earlier- both brilliant assists by Hart, can't believe how well he's played since his comeback. Hats off to everyone tonight though, brilliant performance all round. Slade's an Albion legend in the making I reckon, I really get the impression he wants to stay, already said how much he loves the fans, is clearly incredibly passionate about ensuring our survival and is going about it in exactly the right way.. brilliant stuff. Just wish I could've made the game tonight, but very excited about Saturday now!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Fully agree - it was a committed performance tonight ...

One downer, I don't think OGH is eligible for Player of the Season as he hasn't played the required 15 games - shame as he is a club man through and through.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Well he did FANCY him!

And he signed that excellent French holding midfielder:bowdown:

:lolol: - not only did he fancy him, but he has done so for quite a while. best interviewee ever, "99 times out of 10", best game attire with socks pulled up, best gruff voice that nobody can understand, and his hair is getting more and more brillo-pad like by the week

dean white - the REAL reason we could survive this season

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
There were 14 players who ran themselves into the ground and fought for every ball tonight. The commitment and passion was immense. That is how a team should play. What a difference to a couple of months ago. :bowdown:

Good turn out from the fans as well. I like this quote from Slade:

"The fans are playing their part as well. They were on my left shoulder for 90 minutes and were absolutely brilliant. They are keeping us going as well and it is that sort of togetherness between the fans and the players and myself that is driving us forward, really driving us forward and that is what we have to keep going." :bowdown:

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Just got in from the game and I am BUZZING. The boys were absolutely IMMENSE this evening! Fought and battled their hearts, out all of them. Particular praise for Virgo and Elphick who, if he is not already, is an Albion legend in waiting. That guy is a leader. Both of 'em won every header and blocked everything. Owusu ran his socks off, but Gary Hart!! As much as Whingy will deserve player of the season if he gets it, OGH has got to be a contender. Never can a player have had such an impact on a season in such a short ammount of time. The two crosses he put in tonight ( I think it was him on both occasions) were just sublime, and he would have ran through walls tonight if Slade had asked him to.

Was a bit lukewarm about Slade when he arrived, but he's got something about him. I haven't been to too many games this season, the Southend game being he last but one home game I went to, and they looked like they had accepted relegation then in my view. But tonight they looked like they were playing for their lives. The transformation has been nothing short of miraculous.

Celebrations at the end will live long in the memory - don't anyone come on here and say the players aren't bothered. Tonight proved they are. And some.

Spot on. We are staying up!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely. I've been critical of Dean in the past, but I've recently come to realise what a genius he is. As you say, "99 times out of 10" was a special moment. It's definitely the HAIR that does it for me though. It actually looks like a wig you'd wear for a joke.

if it wasn't so curly and it covered his entire face, he could quite easily be mistaken for a ball of dust or an unprickly hedgehog

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Paul Camillin on Radio Sussex couldnt stop saying how much our recent improvement has been down to Adam Virgo playing in his favoured position of central defender. Will he be captain next year in preparation towards leading us out at Falmer

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
To be fair to Virgs he has made a few mistakes over the past few games, some more costly than others. But tonight he was an absolute hero, as they all were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here