Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Want Falmer! by Paul Hodson and Stephen North, out Tuesday 13th December

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The triple dvd The Withdean Years available from Saturday too. Another addition to my Christmas list.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
i know this is really nerdy and pedantic but shouldn't the tile be.....

We've GOT Falmer

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials

We've GOT Falmer

No, because it's the story from the end of 'Build a Bonfire' to when we did GET Falmer.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
No, because it's the story from the end of 'Build a Bonfire' to when we did GET Falmer.

This. Chants that sum up each era was the idea. To be pedantic it should really be "We Want Falmer"! But quote marks look shit on the cover ( and build a bonfire isn't in quotes either).

We've GOT Falmer
Nah. It's a story of how a small group of football fans, with ambitions to record a hit single, contrived a crisis at their local football club, as part of one of the most successful public relations stunts the world of music has ever seen. The book takes its title from the song, which held its position at number 17 in the charts for a whole week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
2,000 copies of We Want Falmer! have arrived at the Amex club shop!

It looks fantastic.

(Note to self: Remember tis the season to be jolly. Bite tongue. Do not use expression 'Useless twats'...)

Might have been a bit useful if you'd added that zero copies of We Want Falmer! had arrived at the shop in town. At least they hadn't by eleven o'clock this morning. Probably wouldn't today at all except I prompted the manageress to phone up 'Steve' at the Amex shop to find out when they'd be arriving. In about an hour apparently. When I then did a detour to buy the book at the Amex I got served by the very same 'Steve'. So I prompted him again to take some into town. So if anybody manages to buy a copy of the book in the shop in town today they have THPP to thank. Oh, and it does look fantastic BTW :thumbsup:

And has to be said that Dick's Bar does do an exceedingly nice breakfast panini with side order of Heineken. So happy days all round :xmas:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Club shop is open tonight up to kick off.

I'll be getting my copy tonight, and will probably spend all night reading it.

If it's HALF as good as BAB then it will be an excellent read.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Bump.. Just a reminder about Thurs eve. Confirmed that Mr Albion himself Mark Brailsford will be singing 'Seagulls over the Rainbow' as well as readings from the book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here