Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We tried to sign Elliott Bennett on loan

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This doesn't surprise me. Unless they are an ex player or foreign. no one seems to want to come here. Can't think why that could be?

I can only surmise that its £££

In L1 we were "quite good" payers. In the Champ presume not so much. But then we have got a wage bill stuffed with midfielders.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I was there, I am good at wiping the worst of memories from my mind.

Maybe Gus wants to create an entire team of midlfielders?

1. Will Buckley
2. Hammond
3. Harley
4. Bridcutt
5. Lopez
6. Orlandi
7. Dicker
8. Lua Lua
9. Vicente
10. Dobbie
11. Crofts

Subs: Vincelot, Sparrow
Actually when you look at that list our squad is terrifyingly unbalanced, and rotating that lot cant be good for actually getting a settled team and level of performance.

If this wasn't true, it would actually be quite funny. Imagine another manager turning up at training to be faced with, 13/14 midfielders, not including the ones on loan and two strikers, if you don't count Toby(as he has never actually scored a first team goal and until he does. I can't consider him a first team striker)....He could be forgiven for thinking someone has badly f***ed up, somewhere along the line!!!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If this wasn't true, it would actually be quite funny. Imagine another manager turning up at training to be faced with, 13/14 midfielders, not including the ones on loan and two strikers, if you don't count Toby(as he has never actually scored a first team goal and until he does. I can't consider him a first team striker)....He could be forgiven for thinking someone has badly f***ed up, somewhere along the line!!!!

Funnily enough, there is another manager who faces this dilemma and its Gus' good mate Di Matteo at his beloved Chelsea.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
This morning had a guest in the B&B from Norwich and he was saying that Bennet had been out injured and just come back. He is really popular at Norwich and highly reguarded.

Sorry but he wouldn't have been loaned out if just returning from injury and just playing against Arsenal.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This morning had a guest in the B&B from Norwich and he was saying that Bennet had been out injured and just come back. He is really popular at Norwich and highly reguarded.

Sorry but he wouldn't have been loaned out if just returning from injury and just playing against Arsenal.

Well, he wasn't. So that's a good point you made there.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Think liverpool have the same issue as well

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Half. The other half being Glenn Murray.

Glenn Murray did not want to leave Brighton. He was offered another £2000 a week when Brighton came up to the Championship, Palace offered another £5000 a week on top of that figure, Brighton would not even try to get near that figure. Glenn is 30, so reluctantly he left. He misses playing at Brighton, and still lives in the area.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Glenn Murray did not want to leave Brighton. He was offered another £2000 a week when Brighton came up to the Championship, Palace offered another £5000 a week on top of that figure, Brighton would not even try to get near that figure. Glenn is 30, so reluctantly he left. He misses playing at Brighton, and still lives in the area.

Sounds about right. Comfortably Gus's biggest mistake.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Don't forget he also needed the signing on fee as well to pay off his ex partner up north.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here