Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We tried to sign Elliott Bennett on loan

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
..apart from the two he scored last night you mean? (and the one against US?)

Precisely that. He had a good spell for Birmingham last season too, and then it all went a bit quiet when he went to Bristol City.

I've nothing against the bloke though, he's still a bit raw but has plenty of Championship experience and has scored goals at every level he's played at.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Take out Leicester and we've had plenty of creativity and chances, scoring from those have been our problem.

Not really.

Thing is with Bennett, we get forward much much quicker with him, without him it takes ages.

I think anyone without a brain could see we need creativity in our team.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Another midfielder is really going to help things :facepalm: Why the f*** sign Dobbie, Lopez, Hammond AND Orlandi if you're then going to try and get back the player you sold cheaply to Norwich a year ago? Christ.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sorry I was wrong. It's EIGHT. All attacking. Hammond, Crofts, Orlandi, Lopez, Lua Lua, Buckley, Vicente, Dobbie.

And Vicente aside, Bennett is better than all of them. I would LOVE it if we signed him back, easily one of my all time favourite Albion players. You just knew when he picked up the ball he was always capable of creating something. He was a crucial part of the way Gus likes to play with his ability and the fact he was able to play either wide or at the tip of the diamond. Great attitude also.

He started for Norwich on Saturday against Arsenal and I thought he did really well so I would have thought its unlikely they would let him go out on loan at the moment.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Unfortunately if you were there at Millwall for THAT penalty you wont ever EVER forget. The stuff of nightmares. Shudder.

I was there, I am good at wiping the worst of memories from my mind.

Maybe Gus wants to create an entire team of midlfielders?

1. Will Buckley
2. Hammond
3. Harley
4. Bridcutt
5. Lopez
6. Orlandi
7. Dicker
8. Lua Lua
9. Vicente
10. Dobbie
11. Crofts

Subs: Vincelot, Sparrow
Actually when you look at that list our squad is terrifyingly unbalanced, and rotating that lot cant be good for actually getting a settled team and level of performance.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Personally, I think Bennett is half of what we're lacking. He has pace, but technical ability as well and the ability to threaten from set pieces, which we all know is important and how we scored many a goal during the League 1 romping season.

Half. The other half being Glenn Murray.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone who wouldn't want Bennett back is a mentalist.

Anyone who thinks Norwich would let him come, is sadly also a mentalist.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Let us NOT FORGET that Bennett was a SALDE SIGNING.

JUST SAYING :)

DanielT

From a source I trust without question, in the last month we have enquired about the availability of Elliott Bennett. What happened as a result, I don't know, and my inside track probably didn't know either if we're honest but apparently Gus himself told the squad he had tried to get Bennett back in on loan.

At Charlie's testimonial I thought to myself "ah that's nice of him to come all the way down here when only half the team bothered turning up"

Perhaps there was more to it than just being nice to Charlie?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Much as I'd like Bennett on loan I'd much prefer a target man who knows where the goal is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At Charlie's testimonial I thought to myself "ah that's nice of him to come all the way down here when only half the team bothered turning up"

Two of the team were away on international duty and others had been given the weekend off to visit their families but don't let that stop you getting digs in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here