Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We the fans are totally in different groups now

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Starry said:
What happened?

Was a practical joke for chesterfield away
Basically a few of us made a pub up, then on here posted about how good it was last time we were there, and how good it will be this season - £1 a drink, £2 for food, topless barmaids, strippers etc - then see if anyone posted in reply and ask for directions

A couple of people did, but even better - people had got to chesterfield, asked locals, coppers, taxi drivers where it was, and no one knew - and people spent time looking for it

Childish but funny at the time, especially as some sussex coppers saw us in the market pub after the game, and asked us about if we knew where the blue parrot was, as they had fans asking them for directions all pre match
:clap:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Beach Hut said:
And your ability to post a certain pictures of a boy that get the board shut down - but what does it matter as nothing sticks to you :rolleyes:

Is that the same same thing as taking pictures of boys (allegedly) at Wolves that gets an innocent person thrown out and very nearly arrested???

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Uncle Buck said:
This thread has a real feeling of handbags about it....
Burberry?

burberry.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Superphil said:
You've missed the group of fans who think they know everything about the running of the club, finances, statistics wage structure, contract particulars, profit margin on hamburgers etc., and know for a fact that the people who do run the club are doing it wrong.

You forgot the forks...

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
mendoza10 said:
Basically a few of us made a pub up, then on here posted about how good it was last time we were there, and how good it will be this season - £1 a drink, £2 for food, topless barmaids, strippers etc - then see if anyone posted in reply and ask for directions

A couple of people did, but even better - people had got to chesterfield, asked locals, coppers, taxi drivers where it was, and no one knew - and people spent time looking for it

Childish but funny at the time, especially as some sussex coppers saw us in the market pub after the game, and asked us about if we knew where the blue parrot was, as they had fans asking them for directions all pre match

tee hee hee - excellent!! :clap:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
mendoza10 said:
Its a shame from this thread you cant tell who is responsible for the blue parrot joke :jester:

How??

:jester:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Where is the option of those who just dont care about the politics/finances etc etc and just want to watch a game of football on a Saturday afternoon?

You speak to people who go to withdean and there are a hell of a lot of those people about...fair play to them.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
mendoza10 said:

:clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Getting back to the original points, how about fans who, whilst understanding the many problems, are having trouble getting enthusiastic about going to watch what is invariably drab and uninspiring football brought about mainly by a lack of investment (for whatever reason). After 30 odd years of watching the Albion I do not remember a time when I felt less like going. At least in the dark days there was a feeling of anger and outrage at what was happening and the early DK years were a major motivation for going to Gillingham.

I sometimes wonder if he is not also too battle weary to have the enthusiasm he once had, and who can blame him?

Following the Albion at the moment is fecking hard work imo and there is absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel, which probably accounts for my apathy for watching us at the moment.

Bad fan? Maybe but hey ho that's just the way I feel.

Beach Hut said:
We are now moving into factions as fans and I just love it and the groups are as follows:

1. The oh the club can never do anything wrong.
2. I am a well hung moderator I'll delete what I like
3. Let's go to the Blue Parrot we are so funny we are super fans
4. Those that dare to question anything the board say
5. The anti-christ STH that stand up for their rights
6. The 2nd anti-christ those not renewing
7. Those that sit on the fence
8. The Liz Costa Variety Bus people
9. Those of us who love the club and are sick of little twats not helping by slagging off those who are doing their best to save the club we love and have been doing so out of their own pocket for TEN f***ing years!
10. The ARS
11. Those of us sitting quietly wanking during the game at dear old Withers
12. The diehards on here that seem to know an awful lot but never go to the games

I think a poll is due

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Don't think I have ever read a bigger pile of steaming horsedung. 95% of Brighton fans don't fall into any of those categories. Perhaps you would inculde an extra 0.1% if you added;

13. People who should stop being so anal and try getting a life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Icy Gull said:
Getting back to the original points, how about fans who, whilst understanding the many problems, are having trouble getting enthusiastic about going to watch what is invariably drab and uninspiring football brought about mainly by a lack of investment (for whatever reason). After 30 odd years of watching the Albion I do not remember a time when I felt less like going. At least in the dark days there was a feeling of anger and outrage at what was happening and the early DK years were a major motivation for going to Gillingham.

I sometimes wonder if he is not also too battle weary to have the enthusiasm he once had, and who can blame him?

Following the Albion at the moment is fecking hard work imo and there is absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel, which probably accounts for my apathy for watching us at the moment.

Bad fan? Maybe but hey ho that's just the way I feel.

I think that sentiment applies to a good 70% of fans who attend matches at Withdean now.

We all know the issues, but sometimes you just want to watch a reasonable game of football and not have all the baggage that comes with it.

Wouldn't it be nice to support a club like Liverpool whose fans have no say whatsoever in the club and just go along to support the team and watch football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here