Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We take numbers but no atmosphere

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
It won't be as good as it used to be but Southampton,Bristol and Cardiff were all decent this season imo-I just hope the numpties and sitters don't turn up at selhurst!

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
Rather have 500 that sing than 2,500 who stand and complain about people standing up and what the home fans are singing . Its like out the Amex put people who want to sit there read a book look at the sky all in one place , and not by the away supporters . Gus Poyet's Blue and White Army .

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
so true judge,give me 50 proper fans that wanna sing,ive been to away days with 200 diehards and weve made more noise than reading

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Because it takes an event to often spark the crowd, Burnley at home for an example. Negative possession football with very few meaningful attacks, let alone chances doesn't get the away following on their feet. That's the only reason i can find.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Far too many individual reasons per game to be able to analyse and come to a conclusion. A lot of the reasons given are too black and white for me. For example, I don't go to that many away games per season but when I do I make as much of a racket as I can. I'm sure there are plenty of other occassional awayers the same.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Oh good we can add the away support now to the forever growing list of issues including; availability of pies, discipline problems, poor signings, Paynter, Harley, Ankergran, transport issues, queues for the mens, noise levels of speakers, NSK, people sitting down, people standing up, injuries, Gus Suarez comments, lack of shots, passing across the back four, lack of atmosphere, stairs to the WSU, people not knowing the words to chants, heritage stones, screens not working all the time, cost of CMS, letting Murray go, Barnes, over watering the pitch, not enough to do in the stadium for children, people getting wet in the front row of stands, railings blocking peoples views, 1901 club service, Bennetts field, selling Bennett too cheaply, people who do turn up, the 2000 who don't, Wrexham ticket prices, JCL's

Bloody hell when did our fans become such whining old b*stards???!!!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh good we can add the away support now to the forever growing list of issues including; availability of pies, discipline problems, poor signings, Paynter, Harley, Ankergran, transport issues, queues for the mens, noise levels of speakers, NSK, people sitting down, people standing up, injuries, Gus Suarez comments, lack of shots, passing across the back four, lack of atmosphere, stairs to the WSU, people not knowing the words to chants, heritage stones, screens not working all the time, cost of CMS, letting Murray go, Barnes, over watering the pitch, not enough to do in the stadium for children, people getting wet in the front row of stands, railings blocking peoples views, 1901 club service, Bennetts field, selling Bennett too cheaply, people who do turn up, the 2000 who don't, Wrexham ticket prices, JCL's

Bloody hell when did our fans become such whining old b*stards???!!!!!

I refer my honourable friend to the thread entitled " how old is NSC"

bhaEB7

Mar 9, 2011
Have to agree with leicester but quite frankly derby was an awful atmosphere but it was a tuesday night I suppose

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Charlton and Peterborough away last season were good examples of when all the necessary elements are in place for stonkin' away support!!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
More fans creates worse atmosphere in some ways because you have the singers more spread out, and anyone who wants to sing is surrounded by 50 people who aren;t interested. Plus of course, bigger stadiums and events means crap new-build stadiums with high roofs, strict stewarding and numpties who demand to sit in their allocated seat even if it means they're going to spend the whole game moaning because they're near the back and everyone is standing up.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Been to a number of away days this year, and used to be proud of our following but reading has made me realise....its going dwn hill. why cant people stand and create an atmosphere behind the goal which the team clearly need atm!!

They forgot their song sheets

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
More fans creates worse atmosphere in some ways because you have the singers more spread out, and anyone who wants to sing is surrounded by 50 people who aren;t interested. Plus of course, bigger stadiums and events means crap new-build stadiums with high roofs, strict stewarding and numpties who demand to sit in their allocated seat even if it means they're going to spend the whole game moaning because they're near the back and everyone is standing up.

Agree with this. We usually make alot mofe noise when there is about 1000 of us. Start getting 3000 and it never really gets going. Reading was the worst ive experienced for a while...getting abused by the reading fans and jst sitting there taking it. Tried to get things going but no one around wanted to sing.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008

Agree with this. We usually make alot mofe noise when there is about 1000 of us. Start getting 3000 and it never really gets going. Reading was the worst ive experienced for a while...getting abused by the reading fans and jst sitting there taking it. Tried to get things going but no one around wanted to sing.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
We were better than most of the teams last year - - we had something to sing about

We aren't better than most of the teams this year - - we haven't got much to sing about

I'm firmly in the camp that the players do something to make you sing and shout; it doesn't work the other way round in my opinion

This.

It used to be the first 20 minutes that Opposition Managers would tell their team to get through whilst there was a boisterous atmosphere. Perhaps with the new generation of fans that are coming with their smaller attention spans, Opposition Managers are telling their team to get through the first 10 minutes because the fans will be getting their Iphones out after that if nothing is happening.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
plurrr

after this post i was hoping to get some great responses...maybe look forward to my next away trip as i walk into a buzzing stand full of albion fans who have waited all week to have a drink and cheer there team on.....but instead its full of shocking excuses, moans and clearly the people who pay 27 pound a time to look around a stadium and wait for a goal to stand on there feet. great. cant wait.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Boxing day atmosphere is always shit.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Ive been to every away except millwall this season and to be fair it has started to get really quite.thinking back we were deafaning at pompey also very loud at bristol. You look at our last two aways, boro good turn out and we bareley made a sound and reading had good numbers and just seemed like everyone wanted to sit down in silence!whats happend?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here