Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We should sign Paul Hefferman

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I've said it once on here and I'll say it again, Hefferman would be a good signing especially as he's a free agent.

Striker Paul Heffernan will walk out on relegated Notts County this summer after rejecting a new deal.
The Magpies will be able to command a fee for 22-year-old Heffernan whose 21 goals failed to keep them up.

Manager Gary Mills said: "It is a blow but this news is not entirely out of the blue.

"I made it clear I wanted to keep Paul but he has not accepted the contract we offered him," Mills told County's official website.

Because he's under 24, there would be a fee payable to Notts County, but set by a tribunal.

Wages weren't an issue at Notts County, since he has said that he didn't want to stay under any terms. Not that Notts County could find much money, anyway.

Sell Leon and buy Heffernan?

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
According to Teletext Sheffield Wednesday are interested.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Wages weren't an issue at Notts County, since he has said that he didn't want to stay under any terms.

Sonic The Hedgehog said:
According to Teletext Sheffield Wednesday are interested.

Do you think he might have known this was coming?:smokin:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Falmer Dream said:
Midfield, midfield, midfield

Of course the midfield needs strengthening but that doesn't mean we can't sign other players when they become available does it.

I think 3 strikers would be good, assuming Leon stays and if he goes, all the more reason to sign him.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Notts County striker Paul Heffernan has been linked with four clubs after deciding to quit Meadow Lane.
The Irish forward has told County boss Gary Mills he is not signing a new contract with the club, but the 21-goal star will bring in a fee for the cash-strapped Second Division outfit as he is under 24.

"We just have to hope we get a fair deal," Mills told The Nottingham Evening Post.

"I have a figure in mind which I believe he is worth.

"It is a blow, although it is not entirely unexpected.

"He told me it was not a matter of finance and it wouldn't matter what we offered him.

"Clearly he is looking for a future elsewhere."

The Dubliner is reportedly interesting Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers, Reading and Sheffield Wednesday.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'll be surprised if Leon stays. Hefferman is the sort of guy we should be looking at to replace him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here