Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Should Have Gone For The Win In The Last 10 Minutes

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The fans were singing what we needed to do. Someone on the bench should have known things were ok for us.

I think we should have tried to win it at the end instead of time wasting for a draw. Normal circumstances say a draw away after being behind twice was a good result, it still kind of was, but the chance was there to guarantee survival.

We just looked like we wanted a draw and went for that, no urgency, no rush to take goal kicks or throw ins. Was frustrating to say the least.

A defeat would have left us in the same position needing to equal or better Carlisle. Any way a points a point, and now it's squeaky bum time. Looks like if Carlisle win, we have to win to stay up as a draw will send us down. Unless Northampton lose both, a draw would keep us up!!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
A defeat would have left us in the same position needing to equal or better Carlisle. !

no

if we lost today we could not afford defeat to stockport and carlilse draw next week...as we drew we can (assuming Crewe don't spank Leicester)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Id rather play for the draw than go all out for the win and then loose!

The results were changing so much during the game today maning that we were in the relegation zone 3 times!!

I'll take a point and then have an exciting and nerve wracking last game!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The fans were singing what we needed to do. Someone on the bench should have known things were ok for us.

I think we should have tried to win it at the end instead of time wasting for a draw. Normal circumstances say a draw away after being behind twice was a good result, it still kind of was, but the chance was there to guarantee survival.

We just looked like we wanted a draw and went for that, no urgency, no rush to take goal kicks or throw ins. Was frustrating to say the least.

A defeat would have left us in the same position needing to equal or better Carlisle. Any way a points a point, and now it's squeaky bum time. Looks like if Carlisle win, we have to win to stay up as a draw will send us down. Unless Northampton lose both, a draw would keep us up!!

Mr Picky.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Just seemed that with Booth off, Huddersfield didn't care and were for the taking but we just had no urgency.

Davies cross almost went in which resulted in a corner which McLeod just cleared everyone. Other than that we didn't look like going for the win even with the momentum of our equaliser.

We had a chance to stay up but didn't grab it. Here's hoping for next week even though I think we'll lose but still stay up

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry, but I thought the Huddersfield keeper had to make a blinding save in the last couple of minutes?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Sorry, but I thought the Huddersfield keeper had to make a blinding save in the last couple of minutes?

Agree, it was a fantastic save to stop Davies and the Albion earning three points

boothylegend

Apr 22, 2009
yeah watch out for our keeper in the future, he is currently playing for england under 19's, and has premiership scouts watching him everyweek, tottenham were on the verge of signing him but we managed to get him to sign for another 4 years, this boy will go far at only 18 at the moment!

WithdeanTillIDie

Apr 14, 2009
I do agree with the original poster as I don't think the 1 point will be decisive in who stays up or not.

What I will say though is by avoiding defeat, we keep momentum going into the last game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here