Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need someone who can run with the ball

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Wouldn't it be nice to see an Albion play take on another player? I think that's something we're really missing this season. Harty and Jones are quite good at beating players but we could do with someone who'll scare the living shite out of the opponents and draw people out of position. We possibly need a player like this more than we need a new striker. Although a new striker would be nice. Even that donkey Henderson (yeah I know thats no possible now) would do. Just someone to get the flicks ons. Leon's goal vs Q.P.R. at home just won't happen for us anymore.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Turkey said:
Wouldn't it be nice to see an Albion play take on another player? I think that's something we're really missing this season. Harty and Jones are quite good at beating players but we could do with someone who'll scare the living shite out of the opponents and draw people out of position.

La-La-La-Rougier! :angel:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He ran like a battering ram but still managed to stumble through. (Rougier)

I liked Brooker and got so fed up with the constant Brooker is rubbish I kept reading here and hearing at matches. In fact in D block, there was nearly a punch over just that.
This bloke was slagging off Brooker all through the game and a bloke in front of me told him to shut it.

I think that is what MM is looking for in his search on the internet.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Remember the stick the fans used to give Brooker under Adams for not passing the ball? An ex-player under Adams told me that Adams used to hammer Brooker in training telling him not to pass it!! Regulary during the game Im told if Brooker had the ball and was running past the dug out, Adams could be heard shouting 'Dont you f***ing pass it, dont you f***ing pass it', you pass it and your f***ing coming off! On more than one occasion Corky had to calm him down! So whats worse then, 6,000 home fans swearing at you for being greedy and not passing it, or your manager 10 decibels higher than that effing and blinding at you

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Apparantly he loves him as a player but gets the best out of him in that way. Im sure alot of managers are the same

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Gary Nelson said:
Remember the stick the fans used to give Brooker under Adams for not passing the ball? An ex-player under Adams told me that Adams used to hammer Brooker in training telling him not to pass it!! Regulary during the game Im told if Brooker had the ball and was running past the dug out, Adams could be heard shouting 'Dont you f***ing pass it, dont you f***ing pass it', you pass it and your f***ing coming off! On more than one occasion Corky had to calm him down! So whats worse then, 6,000 home fans swearing at you for being greedy and not passing it, or your manager 10 decibels higher than that effing and blinding at you

Micky is the greatest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here