Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a major concourse redesign!

I disagree that we are settling for mediocrity, the service has vastly improved since the early days at the Amex. Procedures are constantly under review, and even though I am not dissatisfied with the current situation I expect things to improve even more in the future. I avail myself of the refreshments at the Amex at every game, I have no problem getting served before and after the game, and most halftimes I get served as well although there will be the odd occasion where I miss out, but hey ho no big deal.

To suggest that we have a serious problem is in my view over-stating it somewhat.
Looks like your spending alone will make up the £8 million:thumbsup:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I think the WSL could do with one of the ladies loos, being converted to gents. Simples. The one gents loo in the whole of the WSL is a little drowned out by the three ladies loos.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Its a football ground for Gods sake, Not the Royal Opera House ....

Now we did not have a decent ground 2 years ago so just be grateful, some of you are like spoilt kids....

Please shut the fu@k up

You should try getting a drink in the amphitheatre bar during an interval at the ROH, it's a nightmare, way worse than the Amex. I'm definitely pre-ordering next time.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Lightning fast service in the North Stand on Saturday. Can't have been queuing for more than 5 minutes, starting at the back. Considering there were an extra 500 or so people, I'd say it works fine.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You should try getting a drink in the amphitheatre bar during an interval at the ROH, it's a nightmare, way worse than the Amex. I'm definitely pre-ordering next time.

I'm going there for the first time in July (for Tosca) - is it really a nightmare? That's a great tip if so.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm going there for the first time in July (for Tosca) - is it really a nightmare? That's a great tip if so.

Tosca should be great. The Paul Hamlyn bar which is the main bar downstairs is normally ok for service, but yes if you haven't ordered interval drinks then the Amphitheatre bar can be a bit of a nightmare. I know this is off-topic but the Royal Opera House is a really good night out, I hope you enjoy Tosca.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Tosca should be great. The Paul Hamlyn bar which is the main bar downstairs is normally ok for service, but yes if you haven't ordered interval drinks then the Amphitheatre bar can be a bit of a nightmare. I know this is off-topic but the Royal Opera House is a really good night out, I hope you enjoy Tosca.

Thanks mate. My first opera experience anywhere so really intrigued as to what it's going to be like. I'm told that Tosca is a good 'beginners' opera to try. Will definitely pre-order.

Do they serve Balti pies?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
One easy tweak that would help things... loads of pre-poured beers lined up at half-time, with a section just for these. So the fussy buggers who insist on a freshly poured pint can stand and queue, but the guzzlers who don't give a toss when it was poured can just get on with it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Thanks mate. My first opera experience anywhere so really intrigued as to what it's going to be like. I'm told that Tosca is a good 'beginners' opera to try. Will definitely pre-order.

Do they serve Balti pies?

Salmon sandwiches rather than pies. Tosca is a good one to open your account with, very dramatic, violence, betrayal, death it's got the lot. I visit Covent Garden quite regularly these days and I really enjoy it, I'm off on monday to see Eugene Onegin in fact. I'm quite hooked, and it needn't be an expensive night out either.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Salmon sandwiches rather than pies. Tosca is a good one to open your account with, very dramatic, violence, betrayal, death it's got the lot. I visit Covent Garden quite regularly these days and I really enjoy it, I'm off on monday to see Eugene Onegin in fact. I'm quite hooked, and it needn't be an expensive night out either.

Went last night to Tosca. LOVED it.

Thanks loads for your tip of preordering drinks. We did so at the Amphitheatre Bar and it would have been perfect but they'd missed out on mine so I had to queue up anyway then chuck down my wine double-time. Funnily enough Mrs MBH commented on how similar it was to being in the West Upper!

Onto Tosca itself - just a great experience. Romantic, moving & funny. I deliberately held off from finding out about the story etc so came from a position of complete ignorance. I guessed that the painter was gonna get shot for real. Though didn't expect how dramatic the finale was. That Scarpia's a right piece of shit. Couldn't work out afterwards whether Tosca was a jealous (but beautiful) whingebag or a cruel victim of fates fickle finger. Probably the latter, but she didn't do herself any favours.

Anyway - thanks again for the tip!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Thanks loads for your tip of preordering drinks. We did so at the Amphitheatre Bar and it would have been perfect but they'd missed out on mine so I had to queue up anyway then chuck down my wine double-time. Funnily enough Mrs MBH commented on how similar it was to being in the West Upper!

Onto Tosca itself - just a great experience. Romantic, moving & funny. I deliberately held off from finding out about the story etc so came from a position of complete ignorance. I guessed that the painter was gonna get shot for real. Though didn't expect how dramatic the finale was. That Scarpia's a right piece of shit. Couldn't work out afterwards whether Tosca was a jealous (but beautiful) whingebag or a cruel victim of fates fickle finger. Probably the latter, but she didn't do herself any favours.

Spoiler alert!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The West Stand Upper will vary depending on where you sit, so i'm not supprised it varys round, The WSU and the North possibly have the largest amount of pre/half-time/post match drinkers causing more queues for beers, pies and the bog.

The staff for me are the main issue and each till should be manned by two people taking double orders, they basically need quailty bar staff who no how to manage a busy bar running and serving the place, however thataint ever going to happen, we have 16-20 year olds trying their best, but not quite good enough.
It has nothing to do with their age - you have 16-20 year old shift managers at various fast food chains that pull £4-5000 hours with around the same staff. The catering companies could do with looking at the way fast food chains run their stores, especially as the production platform is the same as these places - food is prepared and "hot held" prior to serving.
You need: A drinks puller on each pump, one order taker (the fastest cash handlers/button pressers) and one backer (assemblers) per till. Have a duty/shift manager who deals with service barriers when they arise (not enough Harveys for the current wave of orders? Get a second puller on that pump! Food/drinks ready but backers have too many orders to get - more backers). Rotatable staff are required.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Glad you enjoyed it, the purists get a bit snobby about Tosca, but I thought it was great when I saw it earlier this year. I'm all booked for the autumn season too, looking forward to it.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Convert some of the womens bl**dy bogs ,and before the women start ranting about "well you know whats its like now" the ratio of womens toilets to the amount of women at the Amex is just plain stupid ,I am surprised they dont get a bog thrown in with their season ticket .

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Convert some of the womens bl**dy bogs ,and before the women start ranting about "well you know whats its like now" the ratio of womens toilets to the amount of women at the Amex is just plain stupid ,I am surprised they dont get a bog thrown in with their season ticket .

This, with nobs on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here