Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a FLAIR Albion signing today to cheer us up!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
... having been sold the idea that the squad will mostly be in place BEFORE pre-season... hmmm...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
... having been sold the idea that the squad will mostly be in place BEFORE pre-season... hmmm...

The real world doesn't work like that though. How many teams have their squad sorted already. I think that Poyet and Bloom are both learning and the statements they make are quite optimistic (e.g. top two finish next year and squad in place for the start of pre season) and also may have been slightly misinterpreted by the Argus.

However, it does sound like there are negotiations going on with a number of players and I hope there will be an influx of new players coming in over the next couple of weeks. It is not always easy to get the right players though an example being Barnes as Plymouth have only just appointed a new manager and were never going to sell him before they had a new manager in charge.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
The real world doesn't work like that though. How many teams have their squad sorted already. I think that Poyet and Bloom are both learning and the statements they make are quite optimistic (e.g. top two finish next year and squad in place for the start of pre season) and also may have been slightly misinterpreted by the Argus.

However, it does sound like there are negotiations going on with a number of players and I hope there will be an influx of new players coming in over the next couple of weeks. It is not always easy to get the right players though an example being Barnes as Plymouth have only just appointed a new manager and were never going to sell him before they had a new manager in charge.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. WHEN will people realise that Tony came out a few days after to say that his statement was completely wrong?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here