Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a combative midfielder urgently........

Taylors Dummy

Nov 3, 2004
South West Rye
the right footed denilson said:
absolutely spot on. no more excuses. we have a decent looking squad now and WE must capitilise on the fortune of the cocacola money and money from sales. If we sign a quality centre mid to replace ONE of charlie or chip we will be absolutely fine this year. if not we WILL struggle.

But Dick's moths are all cosy in the clubs Bank Account. Surely we shouldn't start to speculate to accumulate, especially as we have some monet for players now. We must continue to struggle so that Dick can remain the Martyr of the Championship Chairmen.

If were going to be positive with the money we have made/have given to us the Mr Blayney would have been between the sticks yesterday.

May be need to start the alive and loaded fund to top up the cash we have already received. How about a sixty quid note fund?:cool:

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
And how many wins this season to show for it?

Sorry, you are aware the season kicked off EIGHT DAYS AGO :dunce:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
El Presidente said:
No one was complaining about their performance at Derby, but that was...................SEVEN days ago, so clearly they are now over the hill.

I was complaining that Oatway was not good enough, even at Derby. Carpenter is the better of the two but is not consistent.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I thought Carpenter was awful on Saturday + Nicolas not much better when he came on. I think we def need a new centre midfielder of the creative mould.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think there is space for Oatway or Carpenter. I have said many times a team needs a water carrier.

However we do need someone creative in there and thats why Hammond should be in the middle with Chippy or Oatway.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
3gulls said:
I was complaining that Oatway was not good enough, even at Derby. Carpenter is the better of the two but is not consistent.

Oatway really impressed me in the first ten minutes against Derby, but fell back to his normal standard from there on in.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
However we do need someone creative in there and thats why Hammond should be in the middle with Chippy or Oatway.

What has he created then? He's got a good record as a goalscorer because he times his runs into the box so well and is a great header of the ball, but can you fill me in on all those assists he's got, ta.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
London Irish said:
What has he created then? He's got a good record as a goalscorer because he times his runs into the box so well and is a great header of the ball, but can you fill me in on all those assists he's got, ta.

Just imagine how he could make those runs from the centre.

I know you want to be Charlie Oatway, but there has to come a time when you admit he is not up to it and that we could do with some quality in there, with Oatway just in the squad. Pointing at evidence, evidence, evidence just means that we never try anything. Hammond could blossom there with his extra confidence. Surely that's better than sticking with something a notch or two below mediocre.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
hove born&bred said:
........its time to say good bye to Charlie and Chippy.

You two have been evicted please leave the Albion.

Whats wrong with chppy he was fine two games ago and in my oipinion is fine .. not so sure about charlie !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here