Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We must accept this is a trial season.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Ok today wasn't great and neither has the recent bad run of games but we're still mid-table. I really can't see a promotion this year and to be honest i'm not dying to see it happen. We're not good enough yet. Our best player is starting to look a bit like a Paul Kitson signing, our strike-force is not as good as it was last season (especially the second half), we haven't replaced Bennetts influence, service and set-peices. CMS isn't Mr Tippy Tappy and never will be on his own. It's clear he needs the classier type forward playing alongside him, like what he had at Peterborough.
This season has to be taken a little like the stadium, not complete. There's a lot of players we can't judge yet and others who might surprise us through the season. Gus I'm sure has promotion in his sights, but not this season. He wants to see who's good enough hence why he only offered Murray a 2 year contract. At the moment we have only 2 maybe 3 players good enough to jump the grade. Come this time next season and i'm sure we'll be in a more telling situation on not only Albions chances of top flight football but also Gus Poyets managing abilties.
Personally I think we will eventually mould a team and style back together by the final 3rd of this season and then go on to promotion the following season. A bit like the last 2 seasons.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
All we need in terms of players are: Crofts, Bennett, Murray, Hammond and Harding and we'd have a decent squad.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Ok today wasn't great and neither has the recent bad run of games but we're still mid-table. I really can't see a promotion this year and to be honest i'm not dying to see it happen. We're not good enough yet. Our best player is starting to look a bit like a Paul Kitson signing, our strike-force is not as good as it was last season (especially the second half), we haven't replaced Bennetts influence, service and set-peices. CMS isn't Mr Tippy Tappy and never will be on his own. It's clear he needs the classier type forward playing alongside him, like what he had at Peterborough.
This season has to be taken a little like the stadium, not complete. There's a lot of players we can't judge yet and others who might surprise us through the season. Gus I'm sure has promotion in his sights, but not this season. He wants to see who's good enough hence why he only offered Murray a 2 year contract. At the moment we have only 2 maybe 3 players good enough to jump the grade. Come this time next season and i'm sure we'll be in a more telling situation on not only Albions chances of top flight football but also Gus Poyets managing abilties.
Personally I think we will eventually mould a team and style back together by the final 3rd of this season and then go on to promotion the following season. A bit like the last 2 seasons.

What the hell is wrong with you, wheredid that voice of sensible reason come from?

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011

Realism at last.

Well done.

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
We were spoilt with the tremendous start to the season . I do believe we will end up top half of the table which I feel is ok . Next year top 8 season after bingo .. Bloom and Gus I trust .. Keep the faith

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

Don't agree with the word 'trial' , we shouldn't be learning on the hoof, so to speak. You either pass or fail, broadly speaking with a trial, we should be as best equipped as possible by now would've thought. The jury's out !!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
steep learning curve for all at the club including some fans
great thread

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All we need in terms of players are: Crofts, Bennett, Murray, Hammond and Harding and we'd have a decent squad.

Let Crofts go far too easily to our feeder club Norwich IMHO.

Wouldn't have Dodgy Dan Harding back even on a free. If he wasn't left-footed, doubt he'd even be playing league football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here