Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We just signed Lee Steele.......

I always thought he looked like scoring a fair few for us and I admit, I was disappointed when he left.

But in the end, he was his own worst enemy. Turning up the worse for war to training and the afore mentioned d&d conviction meant his departure was inevitable.

But he has hardly impressed since leaving us ( how many do) and now has become a latter day Craig Maskell.:drink:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Steele was legendary for shagging his way through half of Shrewsbury (the female half).

But surely he's not stupid enough to go for Leyton scrubbers?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
34064 Fighter Command said:
I seem to remember Mickey Adams said that Steele had ' let himself go ' during the 2001 close season, & had failed to return to pre-season training in an acceptable state of fitness. That really put the kybosh on his season until Peter Taylor took over.

Then of course there was the drink-driving conviction.

Having said that he was always a tryer when on the pitch, but as you say, his finishing could be poor.
no he didnt at the end of the 3rd division championship season micky said he thought it would be better if he found another club as things hadnt quite wirked out for him! but when the players came back pre season he was fit did well in the frendlies( scoring at worthing and away to the gills) and on the opening day of the season he came on for lehmann and put in a fantastic cross which bobby smacked against the bar in the last minute.in the next game against wigan he came of the bench to score the winner and may even av set up the 1st goal and 3 days later in the league cup again he came of the bench with us again 1 0 down against 1st div wimbledon and played apart along with gary hart in both goals which bobby scored and as a reward micky took him of the transfer list.so where u got this about him returning to pre season training out of shape from i dont know!!.

he hasnt had the best of luck with injures over the years in fact of the last 4 seasons that div 2 championship season is the only 1 he really been fit for any real length of time and admittaly he's never gonna be a bobby zamora or leon knight when it comes to finishing but he is a very hard working skillful player who can run with the ball and beat players and if the o's can get him fit will score 10 to 20 goals and is definately a great div 3 player

i dont know where all this bad feeling comes from he always seemed to be a fans fav to me! he was definately a fav of mine and although i wish he'd gone somewhere else other than there i wish him the best of luck

THERE'S ONLY ONE LEE STEELE THERE'S ONLY ONE LEE STEELE

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Talking to an oxford fan in oxford last week and he said injurys are non stop and he has put on loads of wait.:)

Must admit i actually liked him as a player:)

WATFORD O said:
I had erased that from my mind. We were shit that day. I prefer to remember the bitch slappings we gave you before.........

Meeemorieeees, like the corners of your (tiny) miiiinnnd.....shattered pickchers, like the love you left beeehiiiind....."

twatty, you may prefer to remember ANY famous wins over better clubs than yours, as you'll soon be saying "I remember when leyton orient were in the football league".

Face it wetfart, your team are utter shite, and ours....well ours just are much much better.

Congrats on staying in the league again this season (safe by so many points), by the way. :clap:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Good instinct for goal, but too many injuries, with a suspicion that some of them are nor helped by over-indulgence.

As long as he is not costing too much and the manager believes he can the best out of him it could be a good signing.

Always popular at Withdean. And that Bristol City goal .......

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Saltash seagull is right. Steele was on his way out but forced his way back into plans with an outstanding pre-season.

I rated him and he worked hard and despite criticisms, his goalscoring ratio was good for us. He was Shrewsbury's top scorer for a few seasons.

Having said that, Leyton O could sign Remington Steele and they'll still end up in the conference! :lolol:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
GUNTER said:
Saltash seagull is right. Steele was on his way out but forced his way back into plans with an outstanding pre-season.

I rated him and he worked hard and despite criticisms, his goalscoring ratio was good for us. He was Shrewsbury's top scorer for a few seasons.

Having said that, Leyton O could sign Remington Steele and they'll still end up in the conference! :lolol:
thank you! it was scott ramsey who micky put on the transfer list for being out of shape and unfit when he returned to pre season training

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
WATFORD O said:
who is laughing now shithead?
have i missed something? has steeley scored the winner at withdean or something? so why the f*** should we care?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:yawn: :nono: :yawn: :nono: :yawn: Don't they have messageboards for orientals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here