Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have never been closer to the Football League Championship Trophy!!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Fact.

So proud when the League table flashed up on BBC 1.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Except when we were top of the table?

Or have I missed something?

D

Deleted User X18H

I meant at this stage of the season.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Do you ever get bored of starting pointless threads?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I love your optimism, but we're not consistant enough to win the Championship - yet. We seem to be a little too Jekyll and Hyde at the moment.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Interesting take on things Timmy...I was thinking this the other day and the fact of how many greats have lifted the Championship trophy over the years...Think of those great Liverpool teams of the 70s & 80s along with the great United side of the 60's.

Amazing to think that, maybe not this season, but next season we could be contenders to lift one of the greatest league trophies in the world.

D

Deleted User X18H

I love your optimism, but we're not consistant enough to win the Championship - yet. We seem to be a little too Jekyll and Hyde at the moment.

Interesting take on things Timmy...I was thinking this the other day and the fact of how many greats have lifted the Championship trophy over the years...Think of those great Liverpool teams of the 70s & 80s along with the great United side of the 60's.

Amazing to think that, maybe not this season, but next season we could be contenders to lift one of the greatest league trophies in the world.

This season is very subtly becoming massive.

D

Deleted User X18H

If by 'Fact' you mean made up shit, I agree. But we were closer to winning when we were top (ie, odds of us winning were shorter).

What? We are seventh in the league. We are 11 points off top spot with 12 games to play.

If you can't fathom that .........then gawd help you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We have never been closer to the Football League Championship Trophy!!
What? We are seventh in the league. We are 11 points off top spot with 12 games to play.

If you can't fathom that .........then gawd help you.
We're 125-1 to lift the trophy. How is that closer to the trophy than we were when we were top?

D

Deleted User X18H

We're 125-1 to lift the trophy. How is that closer to the trophy than we were when we were top?

I am not talking about betting. In in August 2005 we were top , 1 minute in to the Derby game with 46 games still to go.

In September this year we were top with 39 games to go.

Now we are 7th. 11 points adrift with 12 games to go.

Is there anyone there who can help you with this?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In September this year we were top with 39 games to go.

Now we are 7th. 11 points adrift with 12 games to go.

Is there anyone there who can help you with this?
You're saying it's fact that we have never been closer to the Football League Championship Trophy than now, when it quite clearly isn't a fact. We were closer yesterday before dropping points against Doncaster.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
yes we were 5th at one point yesterday afternoon, for about 30 secs or so before middlesborough and doncaster scored but i like the optimism ... if we beat Cardiff, Pompey and Blackpool , i am with you on this one!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We were also 6th in early december, only 10 points from the top of the table.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
does neither the season we were cheated out of promotion to the top level by Saints/Tottenham or the following year when we ended up promoted count?

No, because we were in the SECOND tier of the Football League, whereas now we are in the top tier.
However, in Dec 1981 we were 6th in the old First Division so were closer to the League Championship Trophy than we currently are.

Last edited:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
No, because we were in the SECOND tier of the Football League, whereas now we are in the top tier.

Raise your Football League top tier trophy with our Charity shield Southern league champions win over Football league Champions Aston Villa then.

Just because they rebrand the leagues second tier football is second tier football.We were nearer winning the second tier trophy both times than now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here