Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We did it! Newcastle..Prize money.. but one worry

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
As happy as i am with us getting through. My only worry is having palace on the tuesday after the newcastle game. Palace don't have a match that weekend meaning we are going to be a lot more tired, especially the ways things are going with injuries and suspensions. just like the first game at the AMEX against palace... i cant bare another defeat.

Calm down, it's just another game and another 3pts up for grabs. Get off the Palace bandwagon.

D

Deleted member 18477

i thought the only game you lot were bothered about was against us and you always go on about how much money you already have.....

all about the BIG teams this year for me. are you a big team? LOL!

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
all about the BIG teams this year for me. are you a big team? LOL!

are you ?? behave you are deluded,.....bloody hell you win on pens against a bunch of welsh non leaguers and you suddenly think you are european champions.,.,.,see you on 31st....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
i thought the only game you lot were bothered about was against us and you always go on about how much money you already have.....
Who are yer...Who are yer!!....remember you have to go to Cardiff yet...you are not the be all...end all......don't get ideas above your station....that's if you have'nt burnt it down during the riots....Lol!

D

Deleted member 18477

are you ?? behave you are deluded,.....bloody hell you win on pens against a bunch of welsh non leaguers and you suddenly think you are european champions.,.,.,see you on 31st....

i'm deluded even though i didn't state we were? are you reading other things to what's been typed? and i'm deluded?

it's all about playing the BIG teams this year for me. are you a big team? No!

make better sense now little jimmy?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Indeed, however you must admit Palace will be fresher than us for the game and it could have an affect on the game in later stages if it is a close game.

Alternatively, we will have more match practice than them and may benefit from lessons learnt against a higher class of opposition...

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Forget about TinPot Palace for now.

Tonight is all about the fantastic match we've setup against Newcastle - a match the AMEX was built for.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

well in fairness you get to the quarters of the league cup against shit teams as opposed to liverpool, and you think you're bigger than jesus.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Right, so Newcastle to get part of the East ? And what colour light bulb do we use ?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Who are yer...Who are yer!!....remember you have to go to Cardiff yet...you are not the be all...end all......don't get ideas above your station....that's if you have'nt burnt it down during the riots....Lol!

Edit-wrong quote, sorry

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

1 game at a time, not even thinking about the 31st yet. Got an important league game Sat & then 4th round of the cup. Who you lot playing in the 4th round?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis

And you beat Man United 3rds with an offside goal and you think you are world beaters!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Even if we beat the Geordies , the champagne will be on ice for the 31st.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
3 days between Newcastle and Palace games so not remotely worried. Gus was very upset after home defeat to Palace so he will have the lads fired up on 31st.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
With any luck Mr B will haul Gus into the office in the morning and give him authority to sign another decent player on the back of the cup money.

Even if it's a loan til the end of the season.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Will never understand how tiredness can be used as an excuse considering hockey players rarely go more than 4 days without a game and often play on back to back nights... Should in theory the palarse match after Newcastle should be fine :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think some perspective is needed on this - it's Crystal Palace we're playing not Real Madrid FFS! The last time they scored more than one goal in a league match was back in October 2011 in front of a crowd of 11k. They're shit. Chillax everyone, it really isn't worth getting remotely wound up about.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think some perspective is needed on this - it's Crystal Palace we're playing not Real Madrid FFS! The last time they scored more than one goal in a league match was back in October 2011 in front of a crowd of 11k. They're shit. Chillax everyone, it really isn't worth getting remotely wound up about.

Well said!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We should not be playing one match off against the other, we should go full out to win both if we can.

Last season our cup run could have interfered with our push for promotion but this season I would suggest that our primary objective, that of survival, is almost achieved, so we should be free to really give the cup a good go. Also we could really do with the additional funds to help with late loans or summer squad strengthening.

I'd rather us go into the Palace game on the back of an uplifting performance (win lose or draw) against Newcastle than a tepid saving it for tuesday display. The Newcastle game should be a great occasion and we should treat it with the respect it deserves. I think it's more important that the fans are up for the tuesday game rather than the players, who could probably do without the baggage of expectation given our recent away form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here