Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We can't blame the ref!

Repugnant Toad said:
I would have been quite happy with a point. Didn't think Mr Friend was that bad compared to previous officials, but he still got the big decisions wrong ... we really are due some diabolical decisions in our favour!

We've had a bad season with refs - started on the opening day when Maheta had a clear penalty denied him at the Madjet.

The only time we've got a little lucky was the penalty at Gillingham, which was 50-50 at best.

The last 3 penalty awards against us have been ridiculous. I'm convinced though we'll get one important ref decision go our way by the end of the season.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Tom the Croc said:
Pushing will happen in every penalty area in the country every single week.

I presume you are referring to the tussling that goes on before corners and free kicks.

This was in "open play", Mcphee was pushed over from behind. Everyone saw it, including the Sky commentators who couldn't believe it wasn't given.

I don't think the Reading "handball" would have been "harsh" - it resulted in a goal, not a penalty being given.

If the ball hadn't hit his hand - it would have hit the ground and probably bounced into the goalkeepers hands.

Reading should have had a penalty though. Just as blatant as the Mcphee one.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
gerbil said:
It's not a case of appealing for everything is it.
McPhee was bundled over in the box so therefore it was a penalty.

Forster handled the ball before he scored so it was handball. 2 or 3 of our defenders all appealed for it at the time as well.

Referees this season have been total pony and decisions like these that go against us could be what sends us down.

So yes WE CAN BLAME THE REFEREE.

So its not woeful performances in certain games but refs?

Reading deserved the points last night

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Since when has "deserved" meant anything?

Swindon "deserved" to beat us in the play offs.

We "deserved" to get a draw at Spurs

Means F... all at the end of the day.

It was going to be a draw last night but the referee missed a handball! That 1 point might prove to be very important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here