Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we cant afford his wages.....

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Paying players like harley 8k a week doesn't help,our budget will increase this season obviously and getting rid of the average players will help as we had a large squad last season and a lot of loans.

Is that 8k a week basic, without appearence/goal and other bonuses or do you not know and are just assuming we were paying him 8k a week ? Where did you get this figure from anyway ? Have you seen his wage slip ?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
No but our chairman is and we still managed one of the biggest shock signings the championship has ever seen in Vicente, also snatched CMS away from clubs who could arguably pay a lot more !

ok, can you tell me any other season where our wage budget was as high as it is now? or when we had a transfer kitty at the amount we have now? do you think TB just prints money and has an unlimited amount?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
ok, can you tell me any other season where our wage budget was as high as it is now? or when we had a transfer kitty at the amount we have now? do you think TB just prints money and has an unlimited amount?

Of course not. All I am trying to say is that NOBODY but those involved in the club know what our budget is and who we can and can't afford !

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Of course not. All I am trying to say is that NOBODY but those involved in the club know what our budget is and who we can and can't afford !

I understand nobody knows apart from high up in the club, but is it not just common sense? We have X amount of money which goes on tranfers and wages, now we need to earn Y to break even or to make profit on what we spend each year but if we over do it to much then we will end up like pompey or any other of these debt ridden clubs who pay over the top on wages & I dont want us to go down that route thanks.

Window Licker

May 17, 2012
No but our chairman is and we still managed one of the biggest shock signings the championship has ever seen in Vicente, also snatched CMS away from clubs who could arguably pay a lot more !

My incredibly reliable sources tell me that CMS is on 10k/week and Vicente is on 7k/week.

Source:
Football Manager 2011/12 ;)

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Is that 8k a week basic, without appearence/goal and other bonuses or do you not know and are just assuming we were paying him 8k a week ? Where did you get this figure from anyway ? Have you seen his wage slip ?

Matt Sparrows dad told me this same figure at Millwall game.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I understand nobody knows apart from high up in the club, but is it not just common sense? We have X amount of money which goes on tranfers and wages, now we need to earn Y to break even or to make profit on what we spend each year but if we over do it to much then we will end up like pompey or any other of these debt ridden clubs who pay over the top on wages & I dont want us to go down that route thanks.

I agree with you, and at no point did I say we should just spend without a care in the world. My point was that too many people on here bleet on about how we can't afford somebody's wages when they have no idea what we can and can't afford. As I mentioned earlier, nobody would of dreamt we could afford a player like Vicente and his wages, but we did ! I have every faith in our club and their spending but I would never rule out a potential target because of wages until I hear it directly from the club !

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Both Poyet and Tano have stated we are bottom half the championship for budget. Yes we have the biggest budget ever but it still falls short of many clubs above and below us in the league, add to this Gus's drive to only bring in players who fit into the spirit of the squad and club at lardge.

I have also heard on a few occasions we are paying players around 7-10k a week, so hats of to CMS/Noone/Vicente for example for turning down much higher wages from clubs like West Ham (biggest ever championship budget) and Leiecster.

I am proud we are building rather than doing a Pompey and putting the club at risk by just spending money we have not got. It must be hard work for Gus and Bloom when they want good players and 20 plus clubs can just out bid you. If Gus stays for a long period of time him and Tony will carry on selling the dream and bringing in better players without putting the club into financial jepady.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here