Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are where we should be. Where do the Potter haters think we should be in the league?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Leicester best is fair and square, Although could have easily been 2:1 HT. Southampton were very lucky to beat us. We drew with Liverpool and beat Villa. Next two games are big, think we need four points. We could quite easily be on 14 or 15 points.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This is a thinly veiled way of telling people that they’re not allowed to be frustrated, isn’t it?

absolutely is. and its a bit tiring to be told we're doing ok, when we are not progressing. for two season we stayed up because other teams were worse rather than we done ok. that has to change.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Chairman shoots the club in the foot by proclaiming that we'll become an established top 10 side with the additions of Ashworth and Potter.

The fans didn't set that goal.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Honest question that I’ve been asking tonight. And not had one good answer.

Since promotion we have been in a relegation dogfight every season, and it looks to be the case again. We also have one of the lowest wage budgets in the league. These are inarguable facts surely.

So by that, we are probably where we should be.

Yet an away loss to top 6 Leicester brings out cries of “Potter out”? So genuinely curious... where should we be in the league?

Genuinely curious. By your reasoning do you think we deserve to be relegated because of (under) investment?
Are you happy with the way things are panning out?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Genuinely curious. By your reasoning do you think we deserve to be relegated because of (under) investment?
Are you happy with the way things are panning out?

I think we will be in the relegation mix as we always have been in this league.

And if you look historically, most of the non established top 6 teams have been relegated at some point. I’m sure the club accept this, of course we don’t want to, but relegation is a likely scenario at some point.

Our goal according to Tony and Paul is to ultimately be self sustaining and to become a top 10 team. That is a long term goal and as they have said themselves, there will be some bumps in the way.

So again, I appeal to the Potter critics. Where should we be in the league? Top 6? Top 8? Top 10? Because to date Potter has kept us up and we have not been in the relegation zone.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So rather then insults and personal attacks, answer the question. Where do you think Potter should have us in the league?

Top 4?
Top 6?
Top 8?

He's only as good, like Hughton before him, as the level of investment in EPL-quality players. So I'd have us, er, about 16th :moo:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Expect bottom 6 but dont expect us to quit when we go a goal down.

Unforgivable

Won't be a popular opinion on here but when we're getting a chasing at one of the best teams in the league and there are much more winnable games coming up thick and fast, saving our energy is the perfectly rational thing to do. Maybe not from 1 down but as 1 became 3 pretty quickly, from that point onwards the evening was a waste of time.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It honestly isn’t. I’m frustrated as well, but I’m bemused that people want Potter out, but don’t seem able to articulate where they think we SHOULD be.

We are where we’re expected to be given our wage budget, is my view.

1 home win in 2020 is not good enough regardless of budget.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I expect us to fight back after a crap first half. We didn't. The substitutions felt like an acceptance of defeat rather than options to get us back in the game. I don't like that. The players don't shout at each other for the shit passes and non crosses. Why not?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I think we will be in the relegation mix as we always have been in this league.

And if you look historically, most of the non established top 6 teams have been relegated at some point. I’m sure the club accept this, of course we don’t want to, but relegation is a likely scenario at some point.

Our goal according to Tony and Paul is to ultimately be self sustaining and to become a top 10 team. That is a long term goal and as they have said themselves, there will be some bumps in the way.

So again, I appeal to the Potter critics. Where should we be in the league? Top 6? Top 8? Top 10? Because to date Potter has kept us up and we have not been in the relegation zone.

Hughton was never in the relegation zone either ?
His home record is more than worrying would you not agree?
We have a thread about ad getting as close to his different teams every game no consistency.
Alzate great games then taken away from squad
Dunk Duffy were immense
Dunk Webster not so in fact I just can’t see what Webster brings to the team Duffy far better defender and a threat In opponent box
Connolly should b on loan to a championship team not relying on him to keep us up
Club have handled this striker ring poorly like it or not we have to pay the going rate
Too long a few players have not been up to this level Stephens Gross z as Propper March Burn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Hughton was never in the relegation zone either ?
His home record is more than worrying would you not agree?
We have a thread about ad getting as close to his different teams every game no consistency.
Alzate great games then taken away from squad
Dunk Duffy were immense
Dunk Webster not so in fact I just can’t see what Webster brings to the team Duffy far better defender and a threat In opponent box
Connolly should b on loan to a championship team not relying on him to keep us up
Club have handled this striker ring poorly like it or not we have to pay the going rate
Too long a few players have not been up to this level Stephens Gross z as Propper March Burn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't see Connolly developing unless he goes on loan.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
The aim was to be around the top 10, but we going backwards not forwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here