Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are where we should be. Where do the Potter haters think we should be in the league?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I wouldn`t sell Bissouma for all the cider in Dorset , but i would sell White for 50m buy a 40m striker and use the other 10 for the first 2 years wages . There is talk from Leeds ( surprise ) and i think Arsenal and Spurs for him , and he doesn`t look like he is happy . Maybe i am reading him wrong , but he just doesn`t seem to have a connection with the team , and we have plenty of cover at the back .[/QUO

We have Veltman, Dunk, Burn and Webster to cover White, and we are desperate for strikers. If we don't have £30 mill then we have to wheel and deal - sell Andone, Maupay and Connolly if we have to - instead of White - but we can't carry on like this.

It’s a shame we can’t afford a striker without selling one of our best young talents though.

This has been my main consistent criticism of the club. We have lacked our number 1 striker, maybe since.. our first PL season. Even so that Paul Barber was joking about it in interviews in the summer!

Of course it’s not an easy recruitment. But damn, it’s been years. Get that position and the keeper situation sorted and I genuinely believe we will be 10-15 points better off a season. And that may be enough for mid table.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I wouldn`t sell Bissouma for all the cider in Dorset , but i would sell White for 50m buy a 40m striker and use the other 10 for the first 2 years wages . There is talk from Leeds ( surprise ) and i think Arsenal and Spurs for him , and he doesn`t look like he is happy . Maybe i am reading him wrong , but he just doesn`t seem to have a connection with the team , and we have plenty of cover at the back .[/QUO

We have Veltman, Dunk, Burn and Webster to cover White, and we are desperate for strikers. If we don't have £30 mill then we have to wheel and deal - sell Andone, Maupay and Connolly if we have to - instead of White - but we can't carry on like this.

We also have Bernado and Duffy , is Clarke still ours ? . Pointless selling our strikers to buy a striker , but as i suggested , White looks like he wants out , if true then let him go and use the funds for a quality striker , failing that hope GP can do something with Andone .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
“White looks like he wants out”

He does?

Do you see any bonding with the defenders around him? Do you see anything like the connection Dunk had with Duffy? What I see is a bloke playing all over the park, fighting fires, whilst Dunk's form is the worst it has been for years and out of sorts Webster has been dropped.

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
absolutely is. and its a bit tiring to be told we're doing ok, when we are not progressing. for two season we stayed up because other teams were worse rather than we done ok. that has to change.

That tends to be how football league tables work. The teams that come below other teams generally perform worst over the course of the season than the teams that finish above them. Liverpool wouldn't have won the league if the teams below were better than them. It's very simple

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Do you see any bonding with the defenders around him? Do you see anything like the connection Dunk had with Duffy? What I see is a bloke playing all over the park, fighting fires, whilst Dunk's form is the worst it has been for years and out of sorts Webster has been dropped.

If anything I’d argue Ben’s form is better than Dunks right now. Some utterly quality tackles and classy passing from Ben in recent weeks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If anything I’d argue Ben’s form is better than Dunks right now. Some utterly quality tackles and classy passing from Ben in recent weeks.

I agree. It is almost as if he - and Dunk - knows if he plays well in the next few matches Liverpool will come for him.

This is just my personal opinion, but having watched Dunk bond and form great partnerships with Greer, Goldson and Duffy I'm not seeing the chemistry with White.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I agree. It is almost as if he - and Dunk - knows if he plays well in the next few matches Liverpool will come for him.

This is just my personal opinion, but having watched Dunk bond and form great partnerships with Greer, Goldson and Duffy I'm not seeing the chemistry with White.

Did they have that chemistry after 9 games together (4 of which has had White at defensive mid) or would you say chemistry develops over time?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Its worrying that all the teams that we aspire to be in and around in the division are all progressing this season. Southampton 23 pts...WHU 20...Villa 18...Palace 17...Newcastle 17. All have won at least 5 games already. All will definitely finish comfortably above us. Leeds are likely to finish above us. That leaves three from five. And we are firmly in that mix.
We are poorly coached defensively and its costing us dear, let alone our lack of quality in the final third. To me, we are mixed up at the moment. He keeps tinkering and regularly gets it wrong. We could easily be in the relegation zone on Wednesday.
Plenty of time to keep two or three places above it by end of season

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I'm by no means Potter out, but if we are four points below Leeds (Arsenal are obviously not going to get relegated) and potentially in the relegation zone by Thursday night (Fulham and Burnley win). We are hardly where we should be, are we? Unless of course you think that banking three years experience in the Premier League and spending well over £100m in that time means that we should still be relying on there being three worse teams than us.

I think people would be a lot angrier at Potter had we been allowed to attend games in 2020. 1 win at home in a calendar year. 5 wins in total in a calendar year. He's got a similar win rate to Sami Hyypia (obviously a different level). It's appalling. He's been given a free pass as we aren't paying for the displeasure of watching us capitulate. I was at the Saints game and that second half was depressing, feeble and not at all convincing.

People were understandably calling for Hughton's head for similar results. Potter doesn't have the same good will banked for me, he's achieved very little so far apart from a higher possession stat and really the team needs to show some marked improvement before the end of the year. It's our joint worst start to a top flight season FFS.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Yes, looks a little raw and makes a few regular mistakes (dropping below the last man when Dunk is holding a high offside trap, playing players onside) but ultimately, he's stepping up quickly and well. I think because of all the Leeds fans proclaiming he was the third coming (Bielsa the second of course...), our expectations might be a little too high for him currently. He is only 23 and in his first season in the Premier League.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMG_20201215_111509.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here