Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are time-wasting flappers

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't help feeling they miss the point...yes, Peterborough dominated the final quarter of the game, and this is taken as some kind of indicator that they were unlucky...but frankly if it had been only one or two nil, we wouldn't have been playing the way we did, and I doubt they'd have had the space to knock it around like they tried to.

It's all very well saying you stuck some good performances in, but if you can only do that when the game is already gone, then it's not much use is it?

As usual, I'm with Edna. Whilst they did outperform us for the final 20 minutes, it was reminiscent of the way England used to always win the final test in an Ashes series, once Australia had already sealed the series win.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"the ugliest venue in the Football League" They got one thing right.

Hey, I disagree with that. Withdean is crap, but it's not ugly...hence the Theatre of Trees.

Brisbane Road is ugly, Colchester's ground is ugly, Scunthorpe's place is very ugly, but I think Withdean has its artistic merits!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ankergren, , will gather the ball then drop to his knees before going down and burying his face in the ground... before dropping the ball, does some pointing and maybe picks it up again.

This would result in an indirect free kick to the opposition...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It does seem a strange report for a local newspaper.

I agree at first I thought it was a blogger's report not a professional reporter's. Very badly written.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As usual, I'm with Edna. Whilst they did outperform us for the final 20 minutes, it was reminiscent of the way England used to always win the final test in an Ashes series, once Australia had already sealed the series win.

There's no doubt that at 3-0 up we took our collective feet off the gas. Their defence with concede plenty more goals this season and that is why they won't go up.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Fact is, we've gubbed them 6-1 on aggregate over the two games, and had a penalty saved. So how 'flappy' we were and how much 'time-wasting' we did is now broadly irrelevant. Their local rag is doing their best to put a positive spin on it, because they're clearly plenty good enough to do well in this division and obviously want to talk them up. Let the baby have his bottle - we'll have the points, ta.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Why is our away support THAT much better than most other sides in this division. I would feel embarrassed supporting our club with only a couple of hundred. How many did we take to Peterborough? That was a awesome game and an awesome atmosphere.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why is our away support THAT much better than most other sides in this division. I would feel embarrassed supporting our club with only a couple of hundred. How many did we take to Peterborough? That was a awesome game and an awesome atmosphere.

Something to do with Withdean being such a crap place to watch football?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There's no doubt that at 3-0 up we took our collective feet off the gas. Their defence with concede plenty more goals this season and that is why they won't go up.
It was a strange match in that had they not scored, I could easily have seen us going on to win 4 or 5-0. But that goal seemed to give them a lot of impetus and we started to panic a bit. To be fair, they had us on the back foot - could easily have finished 3-3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here