Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are time-wasting flappers

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A pretty fair summation of the game. Gus will not be happy about how we let Peterborough rattle us in the last 20minutes. I think Posh are a decent side with plenty of talent. I'd certainly expect them to be in the playoffs and have a good chance of winning them.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ankergren took an age with each goal kick in the second half. It seemed that the ball boys had been given instructions not to give him a new ball every time, so he had to round the netting to retrieve each time, sometimes reverting back to the other side of the box to take the kick.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
To be fair, Ankergren did take a bloody long time with some of the goal kicks yesterday.

I know, it bloody well annoys me too. Must go to anger management classes

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
And in both games we have played against posh they ended up with 10 men and 3 goals conceded. Rather be time wasting than down to 10 men :lolol:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As well as telling Ferguson he'd be 'sacked in the morning' the sarky wag behind me in E block also added that he'd be 'phoning Daddy in the morning'.

PG

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I like this:

"Defeat by the smooth-passing, well-organised, time-wasting League One leaders was no surprise or disgrace. This is an outstanding Brighton side set for promotion under their own gifted young manager,"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ankergren frequently time wastes with goal kicks, unless we're behind. He has it perfected, walking the long way around to collect the ball and then go back across the front of the goal to take the kick, mixed in with boot cleaning, and ball boys are well in tune with it, standing to one side holding the ball rather than rolling it out.

It's why I never get upset when people accuse him of time wasting. I always assume they mean with his goal kicks.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Loved this comment on the press report

"Brighton might well have been flapping,but they certainly poo pooed on us!!"

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I enjoy the way Ankergren, even on the softest of catches, will gather the ball then drop to his knees before going down and burying his face in the ground.
Then he takes a while to get up, before dropping the ball, does some pointing and maybe picks it up again.
Regular second half trickery...... if we're winning.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What an odd report :lol:

Couple of questions:

- Why were the 250 Posh fans 'freezing'?

- RYAN BENNETT 6
Beaten at near post for first goal, but battled hard

- Why no mention that he was also beaten by his keeper (round the ear!) following the first goal?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't help feeling they miss the point...yes, Peterborough dominated the final quarter of the game, and this is taken as some kind of indicator that they were unlucky...but frankly if it had been only one or two nil, we wouldn't have been playing the way we did, and I doubt they'd have had the space to knock it around like they tried to.

It's all very well saying you stuck some good performances in, but if you can only do that when the game is already gone, then it's not much use is it?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like the quote "but they were hanging on for dear life in the final quarter of the match". Yeah, with a two goal advantage and ability to up a gear if really pushed! I'd be embarrassed to read that if I was a Posh fan. The reality is that the game was almost dead at half-time and totally dead when the Albion scored their third.

What's all the more embarrassing is that this was the second time we've found ourselves 3-0 up against Posh this season. Hanging on for dear life my arse!

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
I enjoy the way Ankergren, even on the softest of catches, will gather the ball then drop to his knees before going down and burying his face in the ground.
Then he takes a while to get up, before dropping the ball, does some pointing and maybe picks it up again.
Regular second half trickery...... if we're winning.

Although I like Ankergren and think he was excellent on saturday, especially in coming off his line, I DESPISE the way he falls on the floor everytime he catches the ball. It really looks pathetic in some instances.

I also thought it was POOR FORM to take the ball to the corner of the area and invite the posh forward to come right up to him before picking up the ball, when they had passed it back to us after the ball was put out for an injury...

there is of course, absolutely nothing wrong with "time wasting" when the ball is play, I love the resigned way opposition forwards are forced to chase down lost causes when their team is losing at withdean...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What an odd report :lol:

Couple of questions:

- Why were the 250 Posh fans 'freezing'?

- RYAN BENNETT 6
Beaten at near post for first goal, but battled hard

- Why no mention that he was also beaten by his keeper (round the ear!) following the first goal?

It does seem a strange report for a local newspaper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here