Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are the Sporting Life tip to win tomorrow..........!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
....and a good article to boot from their betting zone who are VERY confident! :albion2:

SEAGULLS CAN SOAR AT ST MARY'S

BETTING BOX
FIXED ODDS

1.5pts Brighton to beat Southampton at 16/5 (VC Bet). Leaders are being written off too readily after two dodgy displays .
1pt Brighton/Brighton double result at 7/1 (totesport). Seagulls' last eight away wins have all been achieved in this manner.

Last November, Gus Poyet gave Brighton fans a little taste of what was to come when he sent out their struggling side with a well-orchestrated plan to upset the odds in a televised local derby at Southampton.

Now, 12 months on, his long-term vision is coming to fruition with Albion sitting pretty at the top of League One and much better equipped to deliver such landmark performances on a consistent basis, so we're at a loss to explain why the Seagulls can be backed at 3/1 or better when they return to St Mary's on Tuesday.

In order to put the value into context, you need only take a look at the league table, which shows the Saints languishing back in sixth place, eight points adrift of their south coast rivals.

Presumably, the layers are reading too much into the wobble that has seen Brighton drop five points in their last two league outings and go the full distance in an FA Cup first round tie with non-league opposition.

For starters, we should dismiss the two games against Woking. Poyet made a raft of changes for those games and hasn't tried to hide his disdain for a competition he has won as a player. To him, at this moment, the cup is nothing more than a nuisance to his sole objective of clinching promotion.

Beyond that, it's true that Brighton have fallen below the standards they were setting a few weeks ago but barely a month has passed since they were posting respective 4-0 and 3-0 wins in successive away matches against Charlton and Peterborough.

We know that Posh have collapsed on the back of that result but Charlton have been inspired, winning five league games on the bounce.

The key element that links the two stories is that they were both plodding along just shy of the required run rate when they came up against the Seagulls and both came away believing they had met the true standard of champions. When faced with that reality, some grow, others crumble.

And that basically sums up the case for Brighton because they have been performing like champions for the first 15 matches of this season, two below-par displays isn't enough grounds to desert them.

Based on what we've seen so far, Southampton should be ranked no better than equal, which means with home advantage they should be no shorter than 5/4.

With that in mind, it's without hesitation that we side with the visitors at 16/5 and we'll also back it up with a bet on the Brighton/Brighton double result at 7/1.

The Seagulls have benefitted from coming out on the front foot many times on their travels and last eight away wins have all been achieved in this manner. If they get their noses in front early, Southampton might not see enough of the ball to make their greater individual quality count.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Seems to know his stuff, generally. The last sentence would suggest that.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
That article says it all. I really agree with this analysis and see absolutely no reason why we won't go there and get a result.
I am a betting man and am tempted to have a serious punt on us, however, I will be ecstatic with the result without needing winnings as well. Rarely bet on the Albion but when I do it tends to be when we are seriously over-priced away from home. 3/1 based on our respective positions is huge. Get on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We'll be totally f***ed though if US goes large on a Brighton win. :lolol:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A good uplifting article and there is value obviously to be had at that price on the Albion.

But, the strange thing about the write up is how little attention is paid to Southampton. Being sixth, considering the start they had with the off-field problems - Alan Pardew, the owner passing away and disillusioned players, isn't that bad when you think about it. Their recent form is worth noting.

I just think it's a very, very tricky match to bet on and one well swerving. There's enough pressure already tomorrow night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He makes good points. As fans it is quite disgusting that we have given up on tonight on the back of a just 1 defeat and a last minute equaliser. I, too, would ignore the Woking games, as I did the Northampton and Orient in the other cups. Albion fans have less faith than most club's fans would have, I just hope the team are not as weak willed and lily livered as so many of their so called fans :thumbsup:

Anyone else notice that the new NSC repeats the last word in sentences that run to the edge? I have only typed equaliser once..

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
So the Saints have won their last six home games. They are therefore due for a slip up - just like we did against Bristol Rovers.

I am confident that we shall be undefeated at the end of the game.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Great article...

"And that basically sums up the case for Brighton because they have been performing like champions for the first 15 matches of this season, two below-par displays isn't enough grounds to desert them."

:bhasign:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Great article...

"And that basically sums up the case for Brighton because they have been performing like champions for the first 15 matches of this season, two below-par displays isn't enough grounds to desert them."

:bhasign:

great article indeed......

A friend of mine's son has just joined one of the bookies, ladbrokes I think, as a graduate research analyst. Basically he works in a team who sole job is to set the odds for sports matches of all types, football, cricket , rugby etc etc. They go to ridiculous lengths of mathmatical analysis when setting these odds, not only looking at form but also betting history, amounts placed and so on. Even still 3-1 for the league leaders sounds like someone has pushed the wrong buttons!

Of course he could just be the tea boy bigging up his new job.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here