Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are now being battered by force 10winds!!

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Just when we thought weather was improving, have now been hit by torrential rain and a force 10 gale! flooding and trees down all over Cornwall, roads closed and by half my bloody car port lifting and damaged!!!! Years ago in my naivety! I thought global warming would mean long sunny days and Vinyards growing in Cornwall! How wrong was that assumption?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Just when we thought weather was improving, have now been hit by torrential rain and a force 10 gale! flooding and trees down all over Cornwall, roads closed and by half my bloody car port lifting and damaged!!!! Years ago in my naivety! I thought global warming would mean long sunny days and Vinyards growing in Cornwall! How wrong was that assumption?

Get yourself back to sunny Brighton CS :)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Best of luck down there, my folks got to St Ives for a random few days away on Sunday, what a few days to choose. Must be horrid

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

It's been like this in Sussex over the weekend. The Argus has reported on just such a meteorological catastrophe in today's edition, revealing how there has been Chaos As Strong Winds & Rain Batter County, and confirming the impact of it with the news that "police retrieved a piece of tarpaulin from the A23".

It's a miracle we're all still here, frankly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

i'll be down there on holiday end of year...prepare for snow

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
It's been like this in Sussex over the weekend. The Argus has reported on just such a meteorological catastrophe in today's edition, revealing how there has been Chaos As Strong Winds & Rain Batter County, and confirming the impact of it with the news that "police retrieved a piece of tarpaulin from the A23".

It's a miracle we're all still here, frankly.
:D. Down here its usually something along the lines of "umbrella blows inside out"

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Best wishes CS. Just for a few days, I'm glad I'm not down there any more.

Fingers crossed that the weather improves soon and your car port survives! :thumbsup:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Was travelling back from Exeter last Weds AM - overnight the River Exe changed from a gently flowing half full river into a raging torrent creating horrendous flooding around there with homes and businesses flooded, silly people driving cars into floodwaters, road and rail links closed, plus much of the same as I returned via Bristol/Gloucestershire etc. Looked bad then but must be pretty horrible nearly a week later.

Those ace journalists on the BBC news came up with a real scoop tonight an interview with a dippy student type complaining that her front garden had a puddle in it as if it was the end of the world. Get real, Love.

Bizarrely some Farmers in these parts are still watering their winter crops.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Certainly puts the Tsunami into some sort of perspective. Hang on in there.

You're damn right, even though I haven't had the chance to check if my tarpaulin-retrieving colleagues are all OK. I think they're still in the critical incident de-briefing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here