Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are not very good really...are we?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
mk_bha said:

"dont moan" brigade - dunno about you, but i have better things to do with my time than spend £20 on 90 minutes of ZERO entertainment - this does not mean i dont love BHA and always will.

It depends what "better" things you mean. If I hadn't been at football I'd probably have been doing housework, gardening, ironing or some other such "enjoyable" task. I know what I'd rather be doing and it's none of those! As entertainment, it wasn't the best, I agree, but I can think of much worse things than supporting my team!

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
mk_bha said:
£20 to watch 90 minutes of head tennis and throw ins - please.

what a waste of a good afternoon.

As I don't have a season ticket I paid £22 and would do it again without question.

Not a waste of afternoon for me.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
I have to say this is a crap league and we do tend to get bogged down in the less pretty side of the game. But we're still in the play offs and against decent sides we can raise our game. Think Wolves last season or Plymouth this season.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
the full harris said:
How would you know?

You haven't been since swindon away.
I know son trust me and we have been shite nearly all season.:smokin:
How many games you been to and how many have i been to in this lifetime say no more.

How do you know you won't get bored of wasting £70 to go to footer when you get older mmmmm you don't so you need not comment.
Used to be like most on here football this football that until recently i have got bored of it and have better things to do and maybe its the shite ticket system that has taken its toll of days when footer with mates was what it was all about and that has gone while at that dump withdean.

Everyone is diffrent and following the albion at the mo and recent years has to many blips to overcome full stop.:drink: :drink: :flameboun

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
mk_bha said:
£20 to watch 90 minutes of head tennis and throw ins - please.

what a waste of a good afternoon.

the facts:
We aren't very good.
We might scrape into the play-offs.
We will get stuffed in the away leg and go out.
Next season we wont go up as a lot of decent teams are joining the 2nd div.

New Stadium -is still 50/50 - and even if it is yes we still have to wait 3 seasons for it to be built. No half decent player is going to join us with our facilities.

I just wonder what the f00k we do in training? passing certainly isnt 1 of the things.

"dont moan" brigade - dunno about you, but i have better things to do with my time than spend £20 on 90 minutes of ZERO entertainment - this does not mean i dont love BHA and always will.
:clap: :clap: :D

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
berkshire seagull said:

How many games you been to and how many have i been to in this lifetime say no more.

I bet you a fiver I have been to more albion games by my age (20) than you had been to by the time you were 20.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Today's attendence was 6,320. I was in Block V and the away end was pretty full, Block U was reasonably full and I couldn't see many empty seats. The South stand was full, the North stand was almost full.

So where were the 600 empty seats?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
the full harris said:
I bet you a fiver I have been to more albion games by my age (20) than you had been to by the time you were 20.
I started going on my own and with mates at 14 and averaged 25-30 a season and that continued until the crappy withdean arrived etc although good to be home.

the point is harris you are young and you could easily not go much at 22-25 etc as you don't know whats round the corner do ya.
Wait til 30 until you comment on other supporters :smokin: :drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We don't have some "devine right" to make the playoffs. Take a look at Grimsby and Sheff Weds, who were relegated with us and have done absolutely f*** ALL this whole season, and in fact have been closer to going down again then being anywhere near to having a shout at a quick return to Division One. Considering some of the personnel we have lost since last season, we have done bloody well to stay in the Playoffs and not melt away into mid-table obscurity.

So we got dicked at Blackpool and dropped a couple of points at home to Rushden. Boo bloody hoo. The fact is that we are 4 points clear in the Playoffs and in with a chance of going back up. Shit matches like today will be forgotton if we get to Cardiff.

I bet the likes of MK_BHA will be first in the queue for their Playoff Final tickets then won't they ? Or won't they want to risk another "90 minutes of head tennis and throw ins" at the Millenium Stadium ? Cos what a waste of an afternoon that would be, eh ?

MRRF 10

Downloaded Penguin said:
Today's attendence was 6,320. I was in Block V and the away end was pretty full, Block U was reasonably full and I couldn't see many empty seats. The South stand was full, the North stand was almost full.

So where were the 600 empty seats?

why didn't you sit in l block? :jester:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
berkshire seagull said:
I started going on my own and with mates at 14 and averaged 25-30 a season and that continued until the crappy withdean arrived etc although good to be home.

I started going regularly when I was 10 and had a season ticket every year since plus away games. But it really makes no odds. I was trying to make the point that you have only been to more games to me overall because you have been on the earth for longer not because you are in anyway a 'better' fan than me. (Equally, I am in no way claiming to be a better fan than yourself)

berkshire seagull said:

the point is harris you are young and you could easily not go much at 22-25 etc as you don't know whats round the corner do ya.

Good point.

I can guarantee I will go a lot less for the next three seasons for a start (due to living elsewhere in the country) and, you are right, I have no idea what could happen to me in the next decade and I how it will effect me getting to games.

However, I would, albeit niavely (sp?) like to think that I will always go and see them play.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
the full harris said:
I started going regularly when I was 10 and had a season ticket every year since plus away games. But it really makes no odds. I was trying to make the point that you have only been to more games to me overall because you have been on the earth for longer not because you are in anyway a 'better' fan than me. (Equally, I am in no way claiming to be a better fan than yourself)

Good point.

I can guarantee I will go a lot less for the next three seasons for a start (due to living elsewhere in the country) and, you are right, I have no idea what could happen to me in the next decade and I how it will effect me getting to games.

However, I would, albeit niavely (sp?) like to think that I will always go and see them play.
Haven't lived in brighton to watch em although looked through the gates a few times and i exspect you went with your mum or dad like many,but not all had a dad around to do that or had a dad into football like myself.

Everyone is diffrent and started diffrently and i started on my tod etc etc.:drink:
+ people do get bored when they grow up as hardly any of my mates go reguarly anymore and may see 3-4 a season mmm.:drink:

Easy 10 said:
We don't have some "devine right" to make the playoffs. Take a look at Grimsby and Sheff Weds, who were relegated with us and have done absolutely f*** ALL this whole season, and in fact have been closer to going down again then being anywhere near to having a shout at a quick return to Division One. Considering some of the personnel we have lost since last season, we have done bloody well to stay in the Playoffs and not melt away into mid-table obscurity.

So we got dicked at Blackpool and dropped a couple of points at home to Rushden. Boo bloody hoo. The fact is that we are 4 points clear in the Playoffs and in with a chance of going back up. Shit matches like today will be forgotton if we get to Cardiff.

I bet the likes of MK_BHA will be first in the queue for their Playoff Final tickets then won't they ? Or won't they want to risk another "90 minutes of head tennis and throw ins" at the Millenium Stadium ? Cos what a waste of an afternoon that would be, eh ?

I could not agree more with the above sentiments. As dire as some of the games this season have been, we are in with a shout of achieving a THIRD PROMOTION ( no apologies for the caps lock there) in four seasons. All of this against a background of financial penury and nimby obstruction. I would not think many other clubs in our position would have the fight in them to do what we have done in the last four years and actually achieve success on the pitch too.

I'm as pissed off as the next person with the result today, but our season goes on, and roll on peterborough and another potential step to play off glory.

Last edited:

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
I will be 1st in the queue for play off tickets, and regarding the other post, I do watch the champions league and also enjoy free flowing football.

It seems to me that ppl on here think that if you :

slag off bad performances.
get annoyed at bad tactics.
feel agrieved to spend X on a bad display.

....then you are not a true fan of the club.

quite sad and misguided really.

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
I feel the need for an "I'm a truer supporter than you" thread but I can't be arsed.

Anyway - I saw some "supporters " sneeking out before the final whistle - phone in anyone?

No mk_bha, if you pay your money and support the team, you have a perfect right to say what you like, that doesn't make you any less of true fan. What people were picking up on was your comment that you had better things to do with your time than watch today's game - if you put that threat into practice then you do cease to be a real fan. But I don't think you do mean that - you were just expressing your frustration in a unconstructive and short-sighted way - true fans have every right to do that but don't expect everyone to agree with you.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
No mk_bha, if you pay your money and support the team, you have a perfect right to say what you like, that doesn't make you any less of true fan. What people were picking up on was your comment that you had better things to do with your time than watch today's game - if you put that threat into practice then you do cease to be a real fan. But I don't think you do mean that - you were just expressing your frustration in a unconstructive and short-sighted way - true fans have every right to do that but don't expect everyone to agree with you.

That's a bit different to what you said about people leaving early at Blackpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here