Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are not very good really...are we?

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
Having seen most of the away games this season I have come to the conclusion that we are a bit poor really. Yeah we might squeeze into the play offs...but then we have to play an away leg.

Even then if we make the final we have to play at Cardiff another away game

I fear its not good.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
If we finish 3rd or 4th we get to play the away leg first, yeah? So even if we lose we still have the home leg to come.

The Millennium Stadium might be an away game, but it's also an away game for the opponents.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Anyway, after seeing how we played against Blackpool and today...we won't win a single game in the First.:nono:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
To many average players at the club and when you see clubs near the bottom play they seem to have a fair few better than us.:lolol:
We gotta good record in cardiff in recent years:lolol:

Everyone with goldfish memories please post here.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
21 points from the last 11 games. McGhee manager of the month for March.

4 Points clear of the play off spots with 4 games left.

Play offs to look forward to.

A superb weekend in Cardiff in May in front of 60000 fans.

Rebuilding campaign for div 1/2 next season.

Approval for Falmer.

Get a grip and stop bloody moaning !.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Its not moaning as would guess most are surprised that we are in the playoffs.
Anyway whats wrong with whinging as thats what most do on this dire site.:)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have never moaned about the Albion all season as to do so would be very disloyal.

:lolol:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Gareth Glover said:
21 points from the last 11 games. McGhee manager of the month for March.

4 Points clear of the play off spots with 4 games left.

Play offs to look forward to.

A superb weekend in Cardiff in May in front of 60000 fans.

Rebuilding campaign for div 1/2 next season.

Approval for Falmer.

Top post Gareth. Albion fans are the most whinging, unrealistic fans around. For the third season in four we're challenging for promotion with virtually no money. Rushden came to do a job on us today and but for a poxy disallowed goal we'd have won our 8th game in a row at home, that's right our 8TH GAME IN A ROW. Today's result has put us a further point clear of 7th - we're not great at the moment but FFS get a grip.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Gareth Glover said:

Well said Gareth! The people sitting around us who kept moaning were doing my head in!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Deadly Danson said:
Top post Gareth. Albion fans are the most whinging, unrealistic fans around. For the third season in four we're challenging for promotion with virtually no money. Rushden came to do a job on us today and but for a poxy disallowed goal we'd have won our 8th game in a row at home, that's right our 8TH GAME IN A ROW. Today's result has put us a further point clear of 7th - we're not great at the moment but FFS get a grip.
Well said.
Yes it was frustrating today, and we were made to look poor by a poor side. But as Cullip said, its hard to create chances when the defenders have the ball at their feet, and look up to see two banks of yellow shirts sitting there with not the slightest interest in coming forward.

I dunno what some people expect. We havn't got a Zidane or a Gerrard in the middle of the park who can thread a pass through the eye of a needle to create something out of nothing. This is DIVISION TWO people. We are an above average Second Division side. We are fairly well organised, and have a prolific goalscorer up front...thats why there has only ever been about 4 or 5 teams above us for most of the season. But the sooner people realise and accept that it ain't a team of world-beaters out there, the sooner we can set the sights at a realistic level and accept that there are going to be rubbish games like this where teams come and frustrate us, and there's not a lot we can do about it.

It was the same when we walked this division last time. Same old people coming on here and on the phone-in slagging off all and sundry and saying how crap we are if we DARE to drop a couple of points at home. Heard it all before. Today was shite, but we're still up there in with a good chance, and anything can happen in those Playoffs.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Easy 10 said:
Well said.
Yes it was frustrating today, and we were made to look poor by a poor side. But as Cullip said, its hard to create chances when the defenders have the ball at their feet, and look up to see two banks of yellow shirts sitting there with not the slightest interest in coming forward.

I dunno what some people expect. We havn't got a Zidane or a Gerrard in the middle of the park who can thread a pass through the eye of a needle to create something out of nothing. This is DIVISION TWO people. We are an above average Second Division side. We are fairly well organised, and have a prolific goalscorer up front...thats why there has only ever been about 4 or 5 teams above us for most of the season. But the sooner people realise and accept that it ain't a team of world-beaters out there, the sooner we can set the sights at a realistic level and accept that there are going to be rubbish games like this where teams come and frustrate us, and there's not a lot we can do about it.

It was the same when we walked this division last time. Same old people coming on here and on the phone-in slagging off all and sundry and saying how crap we are if we DARE to drop a couple of points at home. Heard it all before. Today was shite, but we're still up there in with a good chance, and anything can happen in those Playoffs.

:clap:

could not have put it better.

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
£20 to watch 90 minutes of head tennis and throw ins - please.

what a waste of a good afternoon.

the facts:
We aren't very good.
We might scrape into the play-offs.
We will get stuffed in the away leg and go out.
Next season we wont go up as a lot of decent teams are joining the 2nd div.

New Stadium -is still 50/50 - and even if it is yes we still have to wait 3 seasons for it to be built. No half decent player is going to join us with our facilities.

I just wonder what the f00k we do in training? passing certainly isnt 1 of the things.

"dont moan" brigade - dunno about you, but i have better things to do with my time than spend £20 on 90 minutes of ZERO entertainment - this does not mean i dont love BHA and always will.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
mk_bha said:
£20 to watch 90 minutes of head tennis and throw ins - please.

what a waste of a good afternoon.

the facts:
We aren't very good.
Good enough to hold a top 6 place all season though
We might scrape into the play-offs.
Thats better than three-quarters of this division will get
We will get stuffed in the away leg and go out.
We haven't been "stuffed" anywhere this season. Even a 3-1 defeat wouldn't be a disaster with an away goal to bring back. Nearly all the defeats on the road are down to the odd goal.
Next season we wont go up as a lot of decent teams are joining the 2nd div.
Errr...like who ? Wimbledon ? Bradford ? Hull City ? Oxford ? f*** me, I'm quaking.

New Stadium -is still 50/50 - and even if it is yes we still have to wait 3 seasons for it to be built. No half decent player is going to join us with our facilities.
We've survived and coped fairly well so far...two championships and a season in D1. And I'd call Zamora and Knight half-decent, wouldn't you ?

I just wonder what the f00k we do in training? passing certainly isnt 1 of the things.
Go and watch Arsenal then.

"dont moan" brigade - dunno about you, but i have better things to do with my time than spend £20 on 90 minutes of ZERO entertainment - this does not mean i dont love BHA and always will.
See above, or stay home instead. You want silky skills and flowing football, watch the Champions League or something.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here