Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are not good enough…..

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Blimey - put your big boy pants back on!

We're 5 games (Yes 5) into the new season and with a new young manager and many new players it will take time for them to settle and for FH to work out his best 11.

Baleba looked poor last year, but 1 year on people now rave about him. Minteh is just 20, new to the Prem and has real potential but it may take him a year or more to look more established - a bit like Adingra now. Yes, the defense is our achilles heal, and longer term we need to start thinking about a future replacement for Dunky and have a set established right back in place - which we haven't yet got.

5 unbeaten, 2 cup wins, with O'Reilly and Gomez to come soon, I am definitely half glass full.

I was never expecting all the new players to hit the ground running and suspect it will take a few months for many to settle.

Give them time. They're doing ok.

Agree with this, I think when RDZ started he said it would take till end of October to get going which I believe was right. So another month with a manager who is about 11 matches unbeaten including friendlies. Looks good so far.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You can blame the ref all you like.
It’s a penalty- end off.

If you play like that you need to score 3 or 4 goals to win games.

But we are not good enough to take the chances.

2 points from Ipswich and forest when you presume the aim is top 6 is not good enough.

Yipee we still unbeaten.
33 more draws sees us relegated.

Chelsea will tear us apart next week.
But let’s not look within, it’s the refs fault.
Bllx …five games in…sure the last two home games were a bit frustrating …but seriously! Oh and let’s not forget that forest had won their last four away games…one of which was last week at Liverpool (you got them marketed down for relegation) .i think most accept the team is a work in progress …new manager etc and one that isn’t as bad as you make out

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
At the moment the tactics are a bit odd and a bit naive. I'm not blaming any players yet as the whole thing seems a bit confused.
We surely can't complain being unbeaten and we will improve.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very suspicious post; I wonder if "briref" lives in Croydon?
Anagram of fibber. Nearly. Near enough. Spelt Fiberr in Croydon maybe.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry. Still styled on our manager from last season and haven't been able to get an appointment for the new season glow up 😁
I thought it was rich and luxuriant.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
At the moment, we are not good enough. Whether that changes as new staff bed in only time will tell.

What worries me is that our major problem is the same now as it was under De Zerbi and Potter. An utter inability to turn possession into enough goals. Same shit, different day.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At the moment, we are not good enough. Whether that changes as new staff bed in only time will tell.

What worries me is that our major problem is the same now as it was under De Zerbi and Potter. An utter inability to turn possession into enough goals. Same shit, different day.

Three goals on Wednesday, two today. Imho that’s fine.

Instead I find our vulnerability to any kind of counter attack alarming. I said at the time thank fck Ipswich have poor finiishers, others will make us pay.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
It’s a penalty- end off.

2 points from Ipswich and forest when you presume the aim is top 6 is not good enough.

Yipee we still unbeaten.

Blimey, I thought I had had a drink but fair play to you. :ROFLMAO:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

It wasn’t a problem for RDZ with a fully fit squad we were one of the highest scorers in Europe.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
f*** sake, we may go into October unbeaten if we play well at Chelsea. I don’t want to be all “we’re little old Brighton” but have some perspective man.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It’s a penalty- end off.

Yipee we still unbeaten.

If we win those games comfortably, all the games were supposed to win comfortably, we'll challenge for the title. But we're not that good. Any team finishing 5th-10th will drop a lot of unexpected points, will have results like todays and last weeks.

Coz if we didn't we'd win the league. And that's ridiculous.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
It’s a penalty- end off.

Yipee we still unbeaten.

I bet Liverpool fans wish they’d been good enough to get a point at home to Forest!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here