Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are in deep trouble

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Morgans Mullet said:
One the reasons why Brighton are in financial trouble is that they we pay the employees too much.

According to last years accounts Brighton had 70 employees with a wage bill of £3.1M. Of these 70 employees, less than 30 are pro footballers. This leaves 40 employees who would average no more than £25k per year = £1M.
This leaves over £2.1M to be shared out amongst 30 players and the manager, i.e. an average of £70k each!

By comparison Plymouth had 88 employees and a wage bill of £2.1m.

Good point, but surely last year's accounts probably relate to our Div 1 (old money) season doesn't it??? so we were bound to have been paying more than Plymouth, who (at the time) were a mid-table div 2 team. I could be wrong though.....and it was a good point well made:lol:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Morgans Mullet said:
One the reasons why Brighton are in financial trouble is that they we pay the employees too much.

According to last years accounts Brighton had 70 employees with a wage bill of £3.1M. Of these 70 employees, less than 30 are pro footballers. This leaves 40 employees who would average no more than £25k per year = £1M.
This leaves over £2.1M to be shared out amongst 30 players and the manager, i.e. an average of £70k each!

take out the "kids" at £400pw and there are a few big earners in there

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Morgans Mullet said:

Any idea what the "other Loans" £1007365 are..they are not Directors loans as they are £713000..Fat boy slim?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here