Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are in a good place, do you agree?

D

Deleted member 18477

We are in an amazing position! Financially as well. If we don't go up we aren't in trouble financially. Hull city, west ham, saints etc have about 3 times our wage budget from what I've heard - shows how well were competing. the championship is a brilliant division! In fact what am I on about the prem, championship and league 1 are all brilliant divisions! Football is so strong ATM which makes our current position compared to where we were in the past even more impressive! I'm loving being a Brighton fan ATM. I like many others got carried away when we went top for a couple of weeks but I'm sure in the next few years we will be there again and stay there this time! Great stadium, great manager, GREAT FANS (on the whole), and gradually adding great players... Let's enjoy the rest of the season now and as deila would say... 'lets be 'aving you!!' every game, come on! The team will respond and we'll get to where we wanna be eventually. Not this year, maybe not next year or even the year after. But we will make the prem! With gus and Tony leading the way I am sure of it! Seagulls!!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sorry mate but league 1 is a shocking division to be in. Poor away support and if you are doing well most teams sit back and defend like we experienced last season at Withers. Other than that perfect.

nipponseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Yes, we are in a very good place = The Championship!! And we are matching a lot of big teams. No one except CP have really stuffed us [we will avenge that!!]. I quess our great start up'd all the JCL's expectations and they aren't happy that we aren't in southampton's boots!! We are in the top half!!! and a win on Tuesday could put us back in the top 6, not bad at all for us. I've gotta agree, watching on the TV or listening on the radio that in our last few games we have played well, and I think our dip is now rising.
Paynter sounded like he brought a lot to the game when he game on, CMS and Barnes had chances at the end, so let's hope he's the player we need! Once everyone is fit again [Hos,Vic,Buc,AEA] and hoping we can extend the loanees.we will be more competitive in this league. To all the doom 'n' gloomers > patience my friends. We are a team in the making - last year we were in L1, this year we are coming up against a lot of ex PL teams [and doing okay!] Get behind the club and enjoy!!!

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
A point away at last year's Carling Cup winners is a good result. It takes time to build a good side, but we're already stronger than last season and Gus is gradually putting together a decent team. Keep it up lads: only 2 goal conceded in the last 3 games as well!

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Casting one's mind back to this > Match Facts | Brighton v Walsall - 8th August 2009 | Sky Sports | Football News

Just over two years ago on a bright sunny afternoon I witnessed what was possibly the worst game of football ever to be played in front of my eyes. So I will not moan when a player makes a mistake instead of hoofing it because on that afternoon what i saw was the ball being kicked up field only to be returned forthwith, again and again.

There are many good things happening at Brighton but what excites me is the style of play Gus Poyet imposes on the players. It makes me happy to see the players with the ball at feet and yes sometimes making sideways passes in defence. Because if you are paying attention you will see players moving around up field trying to forge an opening. This seems beyond a few people which is a shame because they are missing the subtlety of the beautiful side of football.

The progression of the club in two years is nothing short of phenomenal and this goes for the football too. What is apparent to me is when something is not right on the pitch it is addressed, whether it be through a change in tactics or personnel. Of course not all the decisions made turn out to be correct but often they do. This should not be underestimated as it shows that GP is not prepared to accept mediocrity and has a plan to improve at the same time being flexible enough to admit his mistakes. Whatever you may regard as success this season, there is no doubt that a marker was placed in the ground when Will Buckley scored to win the first game at the Amex, the new home of Brighton and Hove Albion FC.

Oh and the pies are good too...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here