Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are going to lose our top spot in february

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
someone said that we would lose the top spot on the argus site and they got well and truly flamed. I agree that if we do it might only be by 3 points or so and we will have a massive advantage. Other than tonight their games are tricky and you have to wonder if they can maintain their current form but then I guess that's what the scc fans have been saying about us for the last 4 months!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Or we may not.

That's the thing about predictions - they're open to complete subjectivity.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Other teams have had the chance to take top spot from us and bottled it, this is our season

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I had expected Bournemouth's form to collapse after Eddie Howe went. Now they have lost a key players too. So I'm expecting them to find it harder. Looking at the games they played in January, away from home they weren't anything special:

Beat Swindon and just beat Plymouth (two teams struggling right now); drew with Rochdale and lost to Colchester. So 7/12 points.

At home they have been impressive 9/9 points but again, apart from us, they breat Plymouth (again) and Brentford. Hasn't been a very hard run for them. Bartley gone, euphoria of the new manager may be over, harder games to come ..... they could easily trip up.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I've just done the BBC predictor thing up until the end of the month and I've got them 10 points ahead of us.
lumo2.jpg

We're still 2nd though.
I'm pretty sure that won't happen, despite having just predicted it.

pleasegodno.jpg

:nono:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I had expected Bournemouth's form to collapse after Eddie Howe went. Now they have lost a key players too. So I'm expecting them to find it harder. Looking at the games they played in January, away from home they weren't anything special:

Beat Swindon and just beat Plymouth (two teams struggling right now); drew with Rochdale and lost to Colchester. So 7/12 points.

At home they have been impressive 9/9 points but again, apart from us, they breat Plymouth (again) and Brentford. Hasn't been a very hard run for them. Bartley gone, euphoria of the new manager may be over, harder games to come ..... they could easily trip up.
I've been expecting them to fall away all season, it hasn't happened yet. Despite losing their top striker and then the guy that replaced him. I was impressed with them when they beat us and picking up points at Swindon and Plymouth, depsite those teams struggling Bournemouth haven't got that many points on the road so I see those as good results. Their home form is outstanding.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just looking at their games and ours I would guess at them being between three and five points ahead of us (between 1 and 3 if we play the Plymouth match). If that happened and we had 4 or 5 games in hand I would be feeling very confident indeed.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I've done the same thing and have Bmuff four points ahead. Oddly, I see Oldham moving up the table a little. Didn't see that coming. Four points behind top, still in second with five games in hand at the end of Feb - I'd take that.

table end feb.JPG

Also, I do wonder why we aren't playing two Tuesdays when everyone else seems to be doing so.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I see B`mouth 2-4 points ahead with us having the 5 games in hand. Thats allowing for us drawing at MK Dons and them drawing 2 games.

The same as above really.I do think MK will be dangerous and Nots County will come stronger.

Last edited:

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
What's with all this 'if they do this' 'if we do that'......? Yes, we might lose top spot, so what ? Would rather have points on the board than games in hand all week, but c'est la vie !

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Is this 5 games in hand business up to or including the Plymouth Monday night game?

I also think we will be overtaken, but only by 3-5 points which we will comfortably overturn. Will be a shame if we do lose top spot but can't see it having any psychological effects on the players.

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Bournemouth have a small squad and have had major losses with Howe and McQuoid leaving. I see them having a major dip in form, hopefully !!

They're far too organised to collapse with the loss of a couple of individuals. McQuoid left ages ago and it hasn't made any difference. Howe will be a bigger blow but can't see why Bradbury and Fletcher can't keep it going until the end of the season.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hmm, maybe I am underrating Bournemouth but this is my end of February table.
tablee.jpg

edit Link fixed!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here