Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are going to lose our top spot in february

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Not trying to be a doomsayer or anything but because of the fa cup, between tonight and the end of 22nd of february bournmouth will of played 6 games and brighton 3.

We will 5 games in hand on them, this is RIDICULOUS!

Just wondering if there will be any psychological effect on the players when we lose our top spot.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nobody can predict the future with 100% accuracy , there is also a scenario where we will still be top of League 1 by the end of the month.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I was looking at their fixturesbefore the Watford game as well, they looked to have a fairly easy run coming up, lot of home games.
It won't be nice to lose top spot but we shouldn't panic if we do.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Well, only if Bournemouth get four points more than us over that time, they will.

As for all things psychological, the squad will be completely unfazed I think.

Gus has implemented a better squad mentality and togetherness than anyone in this division, even more than the good work Howe & Bradbury have carried out with limited resources at Bournemouth.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
6 games in 22 days is a huge ask of Bournemouth's small squad, and includes Sheff Weds, Huddersfield and in form Orient. They could well suffer a few slips.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
It's not definate, I can't see Bournemouth keep winning like they are at the moment.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Just also considered the possibility that they don't overtake up in this time period, this will be yet another psychological boost for the mighty brighton!!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Just wondering if there will be any psychological effect on the players when we lose our top spot.

With 5 games in hand? No, I shouldn't have thought that would cause them to worry too much.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
They've lost a couple of players - I can see them tripping up against difficult opposition. If they are ahead of us at all, I don't think it will be by much - and we'll have many games in hand. Feels like it is important to get 3 points at Orient (tricky) and Brizzle. That puts real pressure on those behind us.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Not trying to be a doomsayer or anything but because of the fa cup, between tonight and the end of 22nd of february bournmouth will of played 6 games and brighton 3.

No - there won't be - this squad is different gravy from what we've had in recent times

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Still seething that we would be an extra three points ahead of them if it wasn't for that utterly ludicrous last minute penalty at Withdean. What if that costs us the championship or promotion?! Who knows, it could do.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
If we do lose top spot, we will have the opportunity to take it back very quickly with all the games in hand with have. Which will be a good motivator. So can't see thier being a problem psychologicaly.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Those aren't the ones they're playing when we're not.

Next five fixtures, home to Swindon, home to Orient, away to Walsall, away to Bristol Rovers, home to Sheffield Wednesday, which isn't that tricky a game since their away form is poor and Bournemouth's home form is excellent.
Anyway if you'd read my whole post you might have realised the point I was trying to make was that although they may take top spot from us in that time we shouldn't worry because it should be temporary.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we are STILL top on 22nd Feb, with FIVE games in hand on B'mouth and perhaps still 1 or 2 over Hudds and Saints, I will then stick my neck out (and my leg) and say we WILL win the league. LuaLua to come back shortly after will see us go on a mega unbeaten run.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
If we are STILL top on 22nd Feb, with FIVE games in hand on B'mouth and perhaps still 1 or 2 over Hudds and Saints, I will then stick my neck out (and my leg) and say we WILL win the league. LuaLua to come back shortly after will see us go on a mega unbeaten run.

Hear Hear, also with our ruthless home form, and the toughest game we have away is Colchester.....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It is obvious that the longer we spend in the FAC, the more fixture pressure we will have, later in the season.
Had we gone out in the first two rounds, then we would have played Yeovil ( a ) and Dagenham ( h ) and may well have another 6 pts in the bag.
Fans are enjoying the Cup success but if it starts to impinge on the main objective then we need out asap.....and Stoke may grant that wish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here