Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are going down aren't we?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I hate to say it but the suits have got us into this and although SH must carry some of the blame I really believe it's been coming since the middle of last season. Last Dec. the club sat in a good position in the league, it was clear the squad needed a couple more quality players and they could have grabbed a top 2 place but the signings didn't happen and the manager somehow got us into the play-offs where the squad was exposed. Then we had the clearout, another new manager(again new to this league) late signings and numerous loanees(most of poor quality) nearly all of them missing pre-season. Put it all together and you can see 12 months of the club cutting back on the quality in the 1st team and frankly I can't believe it when the club saids the wage bill is higher as the skill and the fight has been transfered out of the team and if we go down the same pattern will be repeated again. At the moment the club on the pitch is in freefall and it's going to take something special to get us out of it.

This time last year we were sitting in 8th, 10 points from the top 2, and about to lose to Charlton on Boxing day; I don't think that there was any realistic thought that we could make the top 2, no matter who we signed!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So waking up on Xmas day to the fact we have won just 3 league games all season, and the club hierarchy seemingly paralysed and blind to the crisis we find ourselves in I can't see any other outcome if the status quo remains.

It would take a complete turnaround of unprecedented proportions to see us pull ourselves out of and away from the bottom 3 now, the manager will need to undergo a form of personality and skills transplant, we will need to sign at least 5-6 quality experienced players and the team will need to discover some strength and backbone from somewhere!

Being in the bottom 3 at Xmas generally is a good indicator that you will be there or thereabouts come April. This club needs to wake the f#ck up and realise the disaster unfolding before our eyes.

I think there will be a moderate investment in players in January and a lot of directorial praying.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I hate to say it but the suits have got us into this and although SH must carry some of the blame I really believe it's been coming since the middle of last season. Last Dec. the club sat in a good position in the league, it was clear the squad needed a couple more quality players and they could have grabbed a top 2 place but the signings didn't happen and the manager somehow got us into the play-offs where the squad was exposed. Then we had the clearout, another new manager(again new to this league) late signings and numerous loanees(most of poor quality) nearly all of them missing pre-season. Put it all together and you can see 12 months of the club cutting back on the quality in the 1st team and frankly I can't believe it when the club saids the wage bill is higher as the skill and the fight has been transfered out of the team and if we go down the same pattern will be repeated again. At the moment the club on the pitch is in freefall and it's going to take something special to get us out of it.

It's not only that we didn't strengthen, we sold two of our best players in Bridcutt and Barnes. A sign of things to come over the summer, as it turned out.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The Boxing Day game against Reading is probably our 4th or 5th six pointer game of the season so far.
This is really a must win game, it is going to take some turn around of form to avoid the drop.
To think that 7 months ago we made the play-offs seems miles away.

And how many of these 6pt'ers have we won 1 against Wigan when we tried our best to lose it. Hyppia is so far out of his depth its unbelievable. TB likes playing poker and is currently playing the biggest hand of his life and will lose millions through lost revenue by continually sticking when he should have folded weeks ago. When relegation is confirmed I bet the finnish dullard gets the sack then

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
I've pretty much been saying this all season. A complete catastrophe of the highest order in footballing terms across every area of the club.

I can't believe how tolerant the fans have been. It's as if the club has been purposefully sabotaged through everything that has happened and the inaction and denial of the board.

In a nutshell! :thumbsup:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
January is going to be crucial. Sack Sami or back Sami with cash for players. Bloom has to make the choice (which I think we know he already has)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
heart= no
head = maybe

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I suggest we petition Tony to write to the Football League and resign our membership. As it seems that everyone is convinced we're already relegated, and no-one is going to turn up at the Amex any more, there's no point in fulfilling our remaining 24 fixtures.....

Then we'll no longer have to suffer atrocious football, overpriced tickets, beer and pies, and we'll find ourselves something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. Then we won't be called lickers or bedwetters, and men like TB and PB won't be deliberately ruining our lives.

Last edited:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I know that things are bad but , we are only half way through the season & there are 24 games to play. We are 4 points from the safety level , and yesterday we showed a lot more spirit .

We can still get up the table :albion2:

Halfway through the season and only won 3 games, we would need to win at least 9 games from here in as nobody has survived this league in the last 10 seasons without winning at least 11 games. On present form that is a big ask.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
At least going down makes my decision of renewing my ST much easier.....every cloud and all that

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
No i don't think so. I was diagnosed with catastrophic thinking some years ago, and probably in life i still live in general partial dread over what's to come if ever given half a second to ponder, but i don't have that with this team. There are imperfections and weaknesses and of course the results are not being grasped as they should be, but i have thorough faith that the squad, along with the additions likely joining in a fortnight, will pull us out of trouble. We're a long way from doom and i don't see us heading there.
A very well made,if somewhat wackily written as ever, point NO we won't get relegated EVEN if Hyppia stays, and he will. It's Tony's choice and I firmly believe we will turn things around. Reading some of yesterdays travelling fans posts, and I didn't go, it seems like the team played well and that some of Hyppia's ideas are starting to get across. Yes I know and fully expect Murray to score against us on Boxing day but we will win and the turnaround will begin.January will bring some quality signings ,the injuries will hopefully be a thing of the past and up the table we'll go.Flame away but I still believe we'll do it with a low to mid table finish, so there!

Feb 14, 2010
A very well made,if somewhat wackily written as ever, point NO we won't get relegated EVEN if Hyppia stays, and he will. It's Tony's choice and I firmly believe we will turn things around. Reading some of yesterdays travelling fans posts, and I didn't go, it seems like the team played well and that some of Hyppia's ideas are starting to get across. Yes I know and fully expect Murray to score against us on Boxing day but we will win and the turnaround will begin.January will bring some quality signings ,the injuries will hopefully be a thing of the past and up the table we'll go.Flame away but I still believe we'll do it with a low to mid table finish, so there!

Now hang on a minute. You must be new to NSC. Rules are that you must engage in endless pessimism, the odd conspiracy theory, much carping and a heap of whinging. So your balanced optimism really is not called for.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
What I would like to ask is: Where all these players that every other club and ourselves are going to bring in the Jan window have been since the start of the season.
Obviously they haven't been good enough to get in their first teams - so have been bit part players or bench warmers.
Am I missing something :drink:
:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here