Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are buying success....

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Reasonable comments mostly. I imagine Yeovil's budget is much much smaller than ours so we are big spenders compared to them. We may not have paid millions in transfer fees but I bet our wages are many times Yeovil's and most other teams in this league He gives us loads of credit as a team :shrug:

This. I don't see much wrong with his comments myself.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He just cant bring himself to give us credit without qualifying it with comments on our spending.....

and for those at the game ...was it a penalty ? havent seen it mentioned on any post game threads........
Why are you whinging at Yeovil's manager? Not everyone is going to say we are a delight to watch and wish they were Brighton. SAKE.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Did I not here a comment recently that we have paid enough in transfer fees that would put us as the third highest spenders if we where in the SPL, behind Celtic and Rangers ????.

Noldi

Yes but what about the players we sold at back in August ? About balances it out.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes but what about the players we sold at back in August ? About balances it out.

That's neither here nor there. We are spending money whilst losing millions per annum. Obviously understandable as we have had to rebuild our fanbase and ensure that Amex is going to be a viable project.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I once bumped into Mr. Skiverton at about 5am in Spearmint Rhinos with some other Yeovil types the morning of a game against us. Fair play it was the last day of the season, but still....

So instead of moaning about why teams are superior to his maybe he should sort out his own team's culture and work ethic first.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not a chance.

Johnson took a dive when he lost control (for which he should have been booked), ran up to the ref and screamed in his face (for which he should have been booked), then ran across and dived in trying to take Painter's leg off (for which he should have been booked).

I concur, from my massively different viewpoint on the terrace.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As we walked out of the ground last night we were chuntering away between a group of us about the game, and some old geezer in a wheelchair wearing a green scarf shouts out "How much did you pay the ref for that then?".

Which was odd, as I saw very little in that game which would cause either team to be particularly bitter about the officiating. Just the usual inconsistencies, but nothing shocking. Johnson's preposterous dive in our penalty area wouldn't win a penalty if he performed it another hundred times.

Perhaps rather than whining petulantly about officials or money, Yeovil could do with taking a look at their ludicrously poor finishing: two free headers (one by Johnson, mwahahaha, sweet sweet vengeance) failing to wake Ankergren from his slumber, and a shot from the edge of the box that cleared the main stand and which, were it not for the power of gravity, would probably still be speeding somewhere towards Wales as I type. I mean, when Sam Williams is your main man up front, things really are getting desperate, no?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I STILL cant even remember Sam Williams turning out for us.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I STILL cant even remember Sam Williams turning out for us.

It's amazing how some of these players ever got awarded contracts at Premier League clubs isn't it? Sam Williams came to us on loan from Villa, the same youth system that has brought through Gaby Agbonlahor, Marc Albrighton, Nathan Delfouneso, Barry Bannan, and in previous years the likes of Peter Whittingham, Gareth Barry (ahem), Lee Hendrie, Darius Vassell etc.

I thought the same about Gavin Hoyte last season: can you really ever see him making it as a regular, consistent Football League player, let alone a Premier League one with Arsenal?

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Why are you whinging at Yeovil's manager? Not everyone is going to say we are a delight to watch and wish they were Brighton. SAKE.

Wind your neck in ...I was giving an opinion on his interview but more generally on other manager's lack understanding of our finances . An opinion I am as entitled to give as anyone on here ...yourself included....

At no point did I say I was expecting him to say how wonderful we are , especially as from what I can gather we werent .....when I refer to 'credit' I am referring to our season so far

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Not a chance.

Johnson took a dive when he lost control (for which he should have been booked), ran up to the ref and screamed in his face (for which he should have been booked), then ran across and dived in trying to take Painter's leg off (for which he should have been booked).

f*** me, was that the 'Stonewall' penalty referenced? I thought it must've been something up the other end such was the unpenaltyness of that incident!

I concur with your comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here