Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WE ARE BRIGHTON book

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
A very good book, perhaps slightly overpriced at £13.

I am in it once.

Who was the girl working in the Seagulls mobile clubshop van today? Very nice.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Albion Rob said:
I've got it, it'd quite good. I need to pick up More Than 90 Minutes but not sure if it's still available.

Sorry, I meant the new one. The play off special.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I bought it today-great momento of last season.

Full marks to the club for having the mobile shop in a good position on Madeira Drive-must have added a few quid to the club's coffers.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bwian said:
I bought it today-great momento of last season.

Full marks to the club for having the mobile shop in a good position on Madeira Drive-must have added a few quid to the club's coffers.

Whilst waiting for the bus to arrive they nearly sold out of Seagull umbrellas.

They only had two left when we bought ours :D

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
??? theres a new 'we are brighton book ' out

crickey :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It can be ordered online via the official site.

Front cover shows Danny holding the play off trophy aloft.

Apparently it has photographs of the season not just the playoffs.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Apparently it has photographs of the season not just the playoffs

I should jolly well hope so for £13! I think I'll still take a look at it in the shop first though, rather than getting it online. Not even fatboy's fatal charm is quite enough to persuade me to buy it unseen...:eek:

Last edited:

Tallulah Gosh

Dec 4, 2003
Brighton
I got it from the shop Saturday and it's excellent. Full of great pictures and memories, some of the crowd shots are awesome.

I have this and more than 90 minutes and am not in a single photo. As I am at nearly every game it's a conspiracy (and I'm really photogenic)

I'd of liked a few more photos of the crowd leaping around like mad things rather than sitting down looking worried, but as the photographer is the club photographer I guess he's obliged to take pictures of the players when they score.

Can't wait to get the photo that's in the club shop window with the fireworks and teams lining up. That's the best picture I've ever seen.

Excellent book, some great action shots, the picture of John Piercy striking his long-range shot against Wycombe is my fave, lots of great ones of Leon, very moving ones of Chippy and Leon holding banners at the Wycombe away protest, it even has the good sense to reprint Mark McGhee's Swindon play-off semi programme notes, some of the wittiest I've ever read from a manager - and yes, about a dozen different crowd scenes, so there's a bloody good chance the majority of people at NSC might be in it!

I finally found my mug in the County Ground play-off semi, well chuffed, somthing to show the grandkids in 40 years that I WAS THERE, I had my bit part in this great season.

Have a look and report back if you are in it!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wonder how long it'll be before the club takes the next logical step and brings out a glossy book completely full of pictures of the supporters and with zero shots of the players. Not as daft as it sounds, cos EVERYBODY likes to have their ugly mug in a book. It's the same as the Argus taking class photos at Junior schools and upteen shots of a random dozen beer-bellied blokes in Sunday League Divison 16 teams. Like I say, EVERYBODY likes that, and loads will buy the prints. They could call it 'We Are Brighton Fans'

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
This book is a must for any discerning Brighton fan purely for it's rarity value.

There is a photo of Dave the Gaffer smiling :lolol: ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here