Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are absolutely GAGGING for 2 decent strikers

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
2 years ago I suggested Eider Gudjohnson and was slated as he is past it last year Heskey same response but both are now performing for Bolton and their results have picked up. I would go now for 2 Shola Ameobi and or Jermaine Beckford.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apparently he is returning to Reading permanently for around 2 million quid.

Would be nice to unearth another Ulloa type striker, to take Arsenal by surprise for a second time.

I suggest that he is worth us spending 2 million on. We know what we are getting and the rubbish we have been signing since he left, apart from Ulloa, haven't come close to looking like Championship quality, Bring Muzza back on an emergence loan for 93 days with a commitment to sign him in the summer. I haven't seen a single other realistic target mentioned that comes close to being as good as Glenn Murray. Palace look like they are staying up so are unlikely to renew his contract.

If Glenn Murray wants first team football we could ( and probably will ) do a lot worse than bit the bullet and get him back

The above is written because I have zero faith in the club finding anyone better.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I suggest that he is worth us spending 2 million on. We know what we are getting and the rubbish we have been signing since he left, apart from Ulloa, haven't come close to looking like Championship quality, Bring Muzza back on an emergence loan for 93 days with a commitment to sign him in the summer. I haven't seen a single other realistic target mentioned that comes close to being as good as Glenn Murray. Palace look like they are staying up so are unlikely to renew his contract.

If Glenn Murray wants first team football we could ( and probably will ) do a lot worse than bit the bullet and get him back

The above is written because I have zero faith in the club finding anyone better.

Agreed, but Reading are the only team who can sign him permanently due to the ' not being able to play for more than 2 teams in a season' BS. I'm sure they are offering decent wages and Palace will want some dosh in the bank for Murray.

In hindsight we should have tried to get Glenn back in the summer. Maybe we did.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agreed, but Reading are the only team who can sign him permanently due to the ' not being able to play for more than 2 teams in a season' BS. I'm sure they are offering decent wages and Palace will want some dosh in the bank for Murray.
You are right, Reading are the only team who can sign him permanently, or on a half season loan. We can only sign him on a 93 day loan, which I think has cooled our interest.

Can't see Murray ever playing for us again in all honesty.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

In hindsight we should have tried to get Glenn back in the summer. Maybe we did.

He was offered on loan.

Sami said NO. In fairness he didnt know about FFS but someone should have signed hiom anyway and said "play him" like they obviously did with Gary ****ing Gardner.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
If I were Albion I would go for at Leicester's David Nugent. Looks to be unable to make it at Premiership level, would probably be expensive wages-wise though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Apparently we did but their and our valuations were miles apart too far to negotiate. Like you wanting a car for £1000 and the owner valuing it at £3000.

I think we have to sadly accept he has gone not to return, but I hope that I am wrong.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Beckford is another option but I think is a bit of a problem in the dressing-room. Saw him on top form for Leeds a few years back but think he is "moody".

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Did you not hear Pardew on R5 praising his contribution to Saturday's win over Burnley? Hardly the build-up to a loan out. Muzza will stay at Selhurst now.

Not happening. He's already said that at his age he can't afford to be 4th/5th choice striker.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Hope we could do a deal with palace for Murray similar to the Dobbie deal where it was initial loan with purchase at the end of the period.

We know he fits our system he is settled here in Brighton so providing we match reading you would think he may prefer to come here

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Jermaine Beckford.

Most people would shoot you down, but i actually agree. Quite a similar player to bent, just a bit of a step down. We've looked at him previously and i think he would be interested in coming for sure. Beckford is the type of guy who likes to prove his point. Worth a punt IMO.....depending on what the loan situation is regarding Preston though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We went after him when he was at Leeds a couple of years ago but according to Warren Aspinall was put off by his wage demands of 40k per week. He couldnt demand that now, well he could, but wouldnt get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here