Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we aint after varney

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I know they aren't currently blessed with a wealth of strikers but that wasn't really my point.

They have UNBELIEVABLY wealthy backers, so I thought they would be going for someone like, for example, Simon Cox or Gary Hooper (before he went to Celtic).

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I know they aren't currently blessed with a wealth of strikers but that wasn't really my point.

They have UNBELIEVABLY wealthy backers, so I thought they would be going for someone like, for example, Simon Cox or Gary Hooper (before he went to Celtic).

Yeah they are blessed with wealthy owners but apart from the £1m paid for the aforementioned Moroccan, when have they spent big?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Buzsaky, Faurlin and Mackie as well as Adel is one hell of a midfield at that level to be fair. One good striker and they'll go up, because it's not a league that's hard to stand out in.

So is Ambrose, Davids, Danns and Dorman and like them we need a goalscorer too!! I am hoping Counago finds scoring a bit easier here than at Ipswich!

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
Yeah they are blessed with wealthy owners but apart from the £1m paid for the aforementioned Moroccan, when have they spent big?

Didn't they spend something like £3m on an Argentinean last year? My mate's a QPR fan and I'm sure I remember him saying that.

Anyway, even if they haven't spent big already compared to some other clubs, there is no doubt that they have the potential to. With this in mind, and with them looking like serious promotion candidates this year, I would have thought they would be looking for a really top Championship striker. Varney is decent but I doubt he would score the goals to take them to the Premier League. Could be wrong of course.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Didn't they spend something like £3m on an Argentinean last year? My mate's a QPR fan and I'm sure I remember him saying that.

Anyway, even if they haven't spent big already compared to some other clubs, there is no doubt that they have the potential to. With this in mind, and with them looking like serious promotion candidates this year, I would have thought they would be looking for a really top Championship striker. Varney is decent but I doubt he would score the goals to take them to the Premier League. Could be wrong of course.

You may be right but i can't remember them spending that kind of dough on any player, then again i don't really take a lot of notice of QPR if i am honest. And yeah they certainly have the spending power if needs be if and when they get promoted

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
You may be right but i can't remember them spending that kind of dough on any player, then again i don't really take a lot of notice of QPR if i am honest. And yeah they certainly have the spending power if needs be if and when they get promoted

Just checked - it was Faurlin: £3.5m

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here