Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We absolutely should not sell Steve Cook (merged: Cook gone to Bournemouth)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Disappointing, we have been outmuscled all season, finally have a right back with physical presence and let him go.

DanielT

Albion sell Cook to Bournemouth From The Argus)
The 20-year-old has joined the League One side for a £170,000 fee which The Argus understands could rise to around £300,000, based on appearances and other add-ons.

See full story in tomorrow's Argus.

this is the key quote for me, considering today's Argus back page headline is Cook deal is on hold"

What the Argus understands holds little weight!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Disappointing, we have been outmuscled all season, finally have a right back with physical presence and let him go.

He's a centre back. From the (very) little I've seen, his distribution might not be quite good enough to be a regular full back at our level.

Hope he does brilliantly well at Bournemouth, with a regular game in his proper position.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Get £300k for a potential championship player in Cook. Replace him for £500k with a PROVEN Championship / Premier league / International player in Jara Reyes.

Onwards and upwards

Who's to say that Gus doesn't see HALL as the one with more potential, anyway?

I said similar yesterday. I think this is a good deal for all concerned.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Get £300k for a potential championship player in Cook. Replace him for £500k with a PROVEN Championship / Premier league / International player in Jara Reyes.

He's not going to be much use to us in a prison cell though is he.

I sincerely hope Gus has weaved some magic and has someone lined up, otherwise this deal makes no sense at this moment in time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's not going to be much use to us in a prison cell though is he.

I sincerely hope Gus has weaved some magic and has someone lined up, otherwise this deal makes no sense at this moment in time.

Cook is a CB although he has stepped in as RB when needed. I don't think this deal affects the RB situation.

seggers

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
It's a joke IMO, why let go one of the few defenders that is not injured or banned... yes he wanted to play more games but he clearly showed he was good enough to be a part of our team. If we are going to let every player go who is not currently getting first team action then we wont get anywhere very poor decision.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Shame to see him go after how well he performed vs Saints & Liverpool. Totally understand why he'd want to go and I really hope we have more a card up our sleeve, especially considering that it's someone else's turn to get sent off next week.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's a joke IMO, why let go one of the few defenders that is not injured or banned... yes he wanted to play more games but he clearly showed he was good enough to be a part of our team. If we are going to let every player go who is not currently getting first team action then we wont get anywhere very poor decision.

gd move for the player...''pay rise and regular football'' personally i don't think u can argue with that ...though i am sure some will lol

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a joke IMO, why let go one of the few defenders that is not injured or banned.

Dunk - available and fit
Hall - available and fit
El Abd - available and fit
Vincelot - available and fit
Calderon - available def by Bristol City, and for Wrexham 'if needed'
Painter - available def by Bristol City, and for Wrexham 'if needed'
Sampoyo, Branco, Vickers, etc all available if needed.

Injured - Tarrico short term, Elphick long term. Greer banned.

What crisis?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Gus clearly has the aim of keeping Dunk then and reasonably gladly taking up to £300k for a player soon out of contract. Cook wants to play games, so best of luck to him and i hope he proves himself as a decent centre-half.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As mentioned earlier in the thread, we could get more for the sale of Cook, than we paid for GREER. If anybody doesn't think that's good business they need their heads read.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
word around the Hawthorns is that Reyes will join us very soon. It seems to be mainly a question of whether it is an immediate signing for a fee of around £400-£500K or whether we take him back on loan until after his upcoming court case.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Dunk - available and fit
Hall - available and fit
El Abd - available and fit
Vincelot - available and fit
Calderon - available def by Bristol City, and for Wrexham 'if needed'
Painter - available def by Bristol City, and for Wrexham 'if needed'
Sampoyo, Branco, Vickers, etc all available if needed.

Injured - Tarrico short term, Elphick long term. Greer banned.

What crisis?

Dunk has another game ban
Vincelot has another game ban

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Well, I for one will definitely be hoping that Bournemouth go up this year and that Cook is the driving force behind it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, I for one will definitely be hoping that Bournemouth go up this year and that Cook is the driving force behind it

I'd like to see them doing well, as they were before Howe left them. There's another ex Seagull there now, Wes Fogden.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here