Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge....

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Definitely MOTM today. True Football connoisseurs know Bridge played a brilliant game today.
He won some big tackles and always provided an outlet on the left-hand side. Well and truly kept Zaha in his pocket all game.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
He was outstanding. Zaha should have kept going at Calde - may have got through at some stage, but was outclassed by Wayne.

I didn't understand why Zaha, having had some joy against Calde, swapped sides, and spent the second half in Bridge's pocket.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Bridge was awesome. He is a clever footballer, you can see he see's the game one step ahead of everyone else. I hope he can sign for us. Was class.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Thought he had an average game by his standards...... which is to say exceptional! Still best player in the division over the season as a whole.

Bridcutt was immense, LuaLua showed what he can do when on form (seen before but on and off) and Ulloa was his usual imaculate self.

If we're still in this league next season and Lopez delivers those balls, free-kicks and pens.......... god help the other 23 clubs if we can do it against the lesser sides too.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Whilst there were others who were decent today, he was my MOM.
Agree....I don't think the chances of signing are good unfortunately....it would mean a massive paycut....probably finish his career in the USA....hope I'm proved wrong though....certainly have a better chance IF we got promoted.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He is way too good for this division, can't see him being here next season unfortunately :(

He is too good for this division but fortunately for us most premier league teams will see him as past his best and so will not want to risk a long term contract. If we offered him a 2 year deal id say we're in with a chance of keeping him.

Gus said in todays post match interview that he needs to start talking to him about contracts. I dont think he'd say something like that if we had zero chance of keeping him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He is too good for this division but fortunately for us most premier league teams will see him as past his best and so will not want to risk a long term contract. If we offered him a 2 year deal id say we're in with a chance of keeping him.

Gus said in todays post match interview that he needs to start talking to him about contracts. I dont think he'd say something like that if we had zero chance of keeping him.

Sounds promising Tom but I'm not gonna get my hopes up just yet.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Difficult to say, he couldn't be heard that well trying to shout through the zip. :shrug:

But a few teddys and rattles flew out of there at the same time...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here