Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Wonder what % of wage Man City would be asking for?. Say he is on £80k a week, id be happy to pay 10% of that to have him for season. As good as our squad is, football never stands still, if there is a chance to improve in any position you take it. Would he improve side, is he better than Painter?...100% yes...Would imagine he has property down south as well.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Wouldn't want him tbh. We've got enough Wingers here already. :thumbsup:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not overly fussed. Slight improvement right now, but Painter needs to play regularly at this level as more than capable (but got sporadic minutes at Swansea) if he's going to overtake where Bridge is NOW and push to be a Prem standard player one day.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would love us to sign Wayne Bridge! Properly good left back, especially coming into a very good team which plays a way which suit him, I would think. I'm in two minds as to whether we should look to replace Painter, who I think is currently the weak link, or show him the respect for what he's achieved here already by affording him the time to improve. I like Painter, and I'd love him to adapt and become one of the best left backs in this league and I would deffinitely agree that he deserves the chance to prove himself at this level with us considering he was, without question, the best left back in League 1 playing for us last season, and he was very important in tightening up the defence when he first came in on loan. It's a difficult one, on the one hand I would like us to sign a player to go straight in and improve us on that side, but on the other hand I would like Painter to improve and become good enough.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He'd go back to Southampton if they wanted him, surely?

Southampton have just bought a full back Fonte. I think Bridge is the best English left back by quite a bit and he might play well with Vicente? Although, I agree with Gus Poyet about the loan system. I would tend to only use it for emergencies. However, this player is very good. I would hate him to go to Leicester, Pompey, Southampton (not so much as he started there), Leicester (it would be good if they tried to sign him and joined the Albion instead) or West Ham.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here