Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
These are the games we lose (but that I mean the ones everyone on NSC thinks are bankers for up).

#teamslikewatford
Not really sure anyone on here actually expects us to win this one. We remember all too well how we didn't win a single one of the EIGHT games against the bottom 4 sides last year!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
They are a bit better and more experienced than last time they were up and have a decent chance of staying in the league. Wont be easy obviously but got chance of winning against them. First goal will be very important I think as both teams are dangerous on counters/when there is a bit of space.

Whatever the results, I expect a better game from a pure quality/entertainment perspective.
More experienced in what way?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not really sure anyone on here actually expects us to win this one. We remember all too well how we didn't win a single one of the EIGHT games against the bottom 4 sides last year!
We've done it in one game this season.

Should beat Watford , I don't see them sitting back or being good enough to do that against us

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

We've already beaten one of the bottom four clubs this season though.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Watford will be a dangerous proposition offensively - so our defence will need to be more on their game than the 1st half on Saturday - would help if Veltman was back, if he is I'd stick with the same back 3, and have Veltman RWB and March LWB & think we'd be solid. However, their defence can very much be got and they'll concede chances.

My thoughts entirely. Will be difficult but if we keep a more defensive structure their pace will be blunted, then we can pick them off with Lala and Biss orchestrating manoeuvres on the park.

TNBA

TTF

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
We need to be on it in midfield. They have some dangerous players going forward but not the best at the back so if we can put away the chances that we'll inevitably make, I can see us scraping a very tough win.
Key players I think will be Biss breaking up play and Lallana being creative going forward.
Win this and we're practically guaranteed European football next season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can’t help feeling that Potter will have too much tactical nous for the Watford rookie manager. We also have better players.

What could possibly go wrong?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We all know what wingers are like one exceptional game could be followed by a horrendous performance aka Knockhaert in the PL.

Also I have no idea what Target was doing not one of his better days.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They’ll sit back with the Championship’s best defence from last season and look to soak up the pressure whilst attempting turnovers and punts to the brillIant Sarr and other mobile and pacy attackers such as Sema & Dennis.

Biss needs to be deep and March needs to match Sarr for pace. They can’t leave our very slow back 3/2 isolated like Mings was at the weekend.

Let’s hope we are still taking our chances as Biss/Lallana will control the game throughout.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We've done it in one game this season.

Should beat Watford , I don't see them sitting back or being good enough to do that against us

17 other clubs will say the same thing. Its not always going to happen though.

But chances are good.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think there was interest but nothing concrete, nobody would match the asking price.

Just read that Liverpool are looking again and that he wants away. Hopefully not bollox, in which case possibly missing from the squad Saturday

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The good news is that it looks like Watford's MOTM from Saturday, new signing Juraj Kucka is out injured for the visit to The Amex. Apparently he was an absolute rock in midfield with some crunch tackling that eventually saw his demise.

The bad news is that winger Ismaïla Sarr ripped Villa's Matt Targett to shreds who had to be substituted at half-time.
We are going to need someone a bit nippy at left-back to try and stay with Sarr and negate his threat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here