Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford v Palace

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Out of interest with no pisstaking or anything else would someone mind answering me a few questions?

What is Brighton's net loss likely to be this year?
How much debt do Brighton currently owe - both to Tony Bloom and to creditors?
How much will the season tickets need to be increased in price in order to bridge the deficit needed in order to comply with FFP?
Has Tony Bloom said that Brighton owes him nothing for the Amex Arena?

To my understanding Brighton has a club are about £70m in debt from the ground and losing £10m roughly a year. I accept that this is probably not the case at all but I'm interested if anyone has any real facts and figures where this is concerned as I think you're currently overspending a lot of money?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Who won the Play Off semi's last year and the year before that ?

No one can remember Play Off semis a year on. However, the final league table is there forever.

Lose on Monday and you are f*cked.

Dream on pal, the bragging rights are with us for a very, very long time now, even if we lose on Monday. Plus we can look forward to a stable season next year even if we stay down, a fair bit of the Zaha money will be spent and we will again have an outside chance of promotion with the right signings IMO. You on the other hand will be losing your manager which can have a massive effect, your 2 best defenders(Bridge and Upson) and your best 2 players in Bridcutt and Vicente. BHAFC for relegation season 2013/14, you heard it here first :clap2:

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Out of interest with no pisstaking or anything else would someone mind answering me a few questions?

What is Brighton's net loss likely to be this year?
How much debt do Brighton currently owe - both to Tony Bloom and to creditors?
How much will the season tickets need to be increased in price in order to bridge the deficit needed in order to comply with FFP?
Has Tony Bloom said that Brighton owes him nothing for the Amex Arena?

To my understanding Brighton has a club are about £70m in debt from the ground and losing £10m roughly a year. I accept that this is probably not the case at all but I'm interested if anyone has any real facts and figures where this is concerned as I think you're currently overspending a lot of money?

- Net loss this year is expected to be about 8 million pounds
- Tony Bloom gave us an unsecured loan for the Stadium (110m) improvement works to the Stadium (15m) and the training ground (20m) so in total about 145-150m. He has said that if its not paid off then he will convert the debt to shares and would have sole ownership of the Club.
- Season tickets increased between 5-11% we also have a new sponsorship deal with Amex hopefully that will bring us under 8m next season.
- It's not the Amex Arena it's the American Express Communty 'Stadium' and as before if his unsecured loan isn't paid then he will convert it into shares and take sole ownership of the Club.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Bridge and Upson did well but aren't ours and Vicente hardly featured this season anyway.

The only loss I'm concerned about is Bridders but he signed a contract extension a while back so would take a very serious offer for him to leave. But everyone has their price, Zaha for example and it will be interesting to see how you replace him?

As for the Manager well this will be resolved soon-ish. Yes there may be a short term transitional period but we may end up with someone who will be as good if not better than past managers. Given the investment that Tony Bloom has/is continuing to make in the club I can't see him appointing a tin pot manager any time soon, so I'm not exactly worried about that.

Financially on paper we do looked stretched but I'm not sure how you build a new stadium and training complex for £140m without incurring debt of some sort. However we are unique and very lucky that Tony Bloom regards this as a personal investment and has publicly stated that this will just be converted to shareholding, so we all need to take a very long term view of this. He has also brought in a very business savvy CEO with a proven Premiership CV whose job it is to manage day to day operating costs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here