Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford sack Pearson

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pearson has done a great job - 25 points in 20 matches after a woeful start - and without Deulofeu since 2nd March too.

I see Chris Hughton turned them down in December because the contract offer was only until the end of the season. Will Watford now go back to him with a better offer? If so, I think he'll join. He couldn't wish to get a handier job where he won't have to commute.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Pearson has done a great job - 25 points in 20 matches after a woeful start - and without Deulofeu since 2nd March too.

I see Chris Hughton turned them down in December because the contract offer was only until the end of the season. Will Watford now go back to him with a better offer? If so, I think he'll join. He couldn't wish to get a handier job where he won't have to commute.

I get the impression that CH prefers a project. The Watford job never lasts long enough to become one.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I get the impression that CH prefers a project. The Watford job never lasts long enough to become one.

At his age I fancy he'll take his chances provided the contract is right. It's just up the road for him.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Exactly, rather Watford stay up and hopefully continue as the basket case club they’ve been this year with another 4 managers. Muff ot villa likely to stabilise if they survive

Always want Watford to stay up, as only 15 min drive to ground, and can always see the Albion play them :)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Vladimir Ivic: Watford sack head coach after four months - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55381160

Pearson's replacement has now been sacked.

Basket_Case_Logo.jpg

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Assuming they name a replacement before 2021 - including caretaker capacity - it will be the 17th appointment since 2010. 17 managers in 10 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here