Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford, do we want to win ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Obviously the logical answer is yes, however is it ? Can't see SCC or 'Udders beating Premier opposition and whilst we would get both money and kudos for getting into the 5th round will it be detrimental to our League form ?

I am indifferent and don't mind the result unless it's a draw.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
you have answered your own question really haven't you.....??? obviously i would rather go up but a semi-final run would be fantastic and the money would come in handy,don't think we have the depth of squad for both.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
winning's ok
just don't need a draw

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As long as we don't end up with a replay and don't get battered, I'm happy.

Of course I'd love us to win, everyone loves a cup run, but at the same time a defeat (to use a cliche) will let us focus on the league, and of course that has to be our main aim this season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Obviously the logical answer is yes, however is it ? Can't see SCC or 'Udders beating Premier opposition and whilst we would get both money and kudos for getting into the 5th round will it be detrimental to our League form ?

I am indifferent and don't mind the result unless it's a draw.

I agree with you. Obviously, as with all Brighton fans, when we are there watching I will want us to win and be disappointed if we go out. However, if we lose by one goal in a good match it won't be too disappointing with the number of games coming up.

As you say, the one result we absolutely don't want is a draw.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Hell yes we want to win, its the magic of the FA Cup.

No replay though thanks very much and Everton away in the 5th round for me or maybe Crawley at home (if they get through)

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Wouldn't have minded too much but going with my former boss who's a Watford S/T holder... Hoping for a classy performance though as I've been eulogising about our style and flair and I hope it's fully on display!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes yes and yes. I love the FA Cup when we are still in it, hate it after that! So win win win please.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hope so, 5th round draw of either Crawley or Torquay and a chance to be in the quarter finals.

Mind you, will miss the 5th round as away

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
HELL YESS! 3 or so more games makes no difference and the millions of pounds for t.v matches or going to Wembley (thinking ahead) how could you not want that? there processionals and i dont think they will cry if they have to play a game at Wembley because they want to focus on the league...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Having looked at the draw, it is possible that Stevenage, Swansea, Sheff Weds, Crawley and with a few shocks even Burton and maybe Notts County could pull off a shock. Its the FA Cup ffs....Off course we want to win, get through this round and we would have maybe a 33% chance of getting another winnable game. Then its the last eight...I am really looking forward to it and I think we can win at Watford, dont forget they got one eye on the play offs as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here