Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford borrow again

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
This type of loan isn't the issue, it's the international ones that seem unfair.

Having said that, Watford haven't broken the rules, it's the rules themselves that are broken.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I think the problem will occur next season as the loan players are returned to their parent clubs (Udinese etc.) So Watford will then have an alarming shortfall of players - not good if they get promoted, and, if they stay in the Championship the Football League will, I believe, have outlawed foreign loan deals. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

They were the best side to visit the Amex yet were piss poor at Vicarage Road.

How this adds to the debate I don't know, but it is my opinion.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't have a problem with Wudinese borrowing from Fulham (After all we have borrowed from Man City). It is however, fundamentally wrong that so many players and be taken from Italy.

Not Wudinese's fault. The rules need changing.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

They were still getting all their new players to Gel, earlier on in the season.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Simple, we played them early in the season so their players hadnt gelled yet, but when we played them at the Amex in December, they had and smashed us and are now playing very well.

And Watford arent breaking any rules, they are allowed to do what they are doing because the Football League rules are pathetic. Trouble is when they eventually do get tightened, Watford will cry murder and say its unfair. Though they would find a way around it, probably.

Oh and its a loan from Fulham, in my eyes thats fine - though if i was a Watford fan, id be concerned after the end of the season especially if they went up - as they would have barely any players.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I think the problem will occur next season as the loan players are returned to their parent clubs (Udinese etc.) So Watford will then have an alarming shortfall of players - not good if they get promoted, and, if they stay in the Championship the Football League will, I believe, have outlawed foreign loan deals. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

I thought most on the Udinese players were on loan with a view to Watford offering them permanent contracts at the end of the season?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
They'll stop clubs being able to loan infinite players from abroad but it will make no difference. They'll just be free transfers instead. Some people need to get their head around the owners own both clubs. They can move players between them as they wish.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Simple, we played them early in the season so their players hadnt gelled yet, but when we played them at the Amex in December, they had and smashed us and are now playing very well.

And Watford arent breaking any rules, they are allowed to do what they are doing because the Football League rules are pathetic. Trouble is when they eventually do get tightened, Watford will cry murder and say its unfair. Though they would find a way around it, probably.

Oh and its a loan from Fulham, in my eyes thats fine - though if i was a Watford fan, id be concerned after the end of the season especially if they went up - as they would have barely any players.

They seem to smash everyone away from home.every time I look when they play away they seem to win.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They've bought one of them, Forestier, but the others can still move freely between the three clubs as they're all owned by the same people. I'm not sure how the League can clamp down on it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Wont happen as the owners will transfer the players officially. They have already said if Watford make the EPL it will become their priority.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Even if they do get relegated after 1 season they will do so with a load of money from the parachute payments.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The FL are looking to change the rule soon so next year may not be a problem and I don't think you would be able to do it in the Premier league currently anyway. As for signing them permanently, there is nothing to stop them but Watford will be duty bound to pay all their wages and with FFP on the horizon the accounts of each club will have to be seen to be totally separate.

Watford have utilised a system without breaking the rules but probably totally against the spirit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here