Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford Away - Sold Out

Jan 30, 2008
It's purely a matter of segregation. They couldn't split the (tiny) concourse in the away end any further and as there will be some home fans there, they cannot let us have any more tickets. Hopefully one day football fans will be treated (and behave) as adults and this won't be a problem. But having been to Watford several times, they're amongst the worst for being threatening and homophobic, so unlikely to be the case there.
couldn't make it up ,UNLESS THEY'VE RENTED A MOB I WOULDN'T WORRY TO MUCH :wink:
regards
DR

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
One of them was moaning incessantly about Spanish Dave and the other bloke a couple of rows in front told him to give it a rest because other players were also making mistakes. One highlight of the verbal argument was "I suppose you're one of those ***** on North Stand Chat"

Complete rubbish as ever.

There was one comment made about Lopez, after he cocked up a free kick early in the game, taken on the left. The older chap that decided he could get involved in other people's conversations and tell them what to do, took offence and that is where it all started from.

Still do not let the facts get in the way of keeping your daily post average up.

Jan 30, 2008

There was one comment made about Lopez, after he cocked up a free kick early in the game, taken on the left. The older chap that decided he could get involved in other people's conversations and tell them what to do, took offence and that is where it all started from.

Still do not let the facts get in the way of keeping your daily post average up.
:facepalm:
regards
DR

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011

I certainly know it wasn't about a proxy messed up free kick because the abuse they were spurting out was very close to racism. Then the older chap told the two blokes behind to, and I quote"shut the f up. It was then that he endured 45 mins of abuse aimed at him. How do I know this, because I was that person. Also one of the other lads decided to stick his nose in at the end of the game and got what he deserved. Furthermore another bloke In front of me told the stewards about the abuse I endured and they then let me go on my merry way. So there are the facts to that incident.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I certainly know it wasn't about a proxy messed up free kick because the abuse they were spurting out was very close to racism. Then the older chap told the two blokes behind to, and I quote"shut the f up. It was then that he endured 45 mins of abuse aimed at him. How do I know this, because I was that person. Also one of the other lads decided to stick his nose in at the end of the game and got what he deserved. Furthermore another bloke In front of me told the stewards about the abuse I endured and they then let me go on my merry way. So there are the facts to that incident.

There are facts of course.

Not sure what is allegedly bordering on racism.

The whole thing started due to the shorter chap taking offence to Lopez being slagged off for messing up that free kick. At the end of the day, that sort of comment has been levelled at many a player and it was none of the shorter chaps business.

The fact that as it went on, he felt the need to offer people out as he did not agree with opinions is unfortunate. The fact that the shorter chap felt the need to head butt somebody at the end of the game was unnecessary, but like all things everyone will have a version of events.

All a bit odd really.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
There are facts of course.

Not sure what is allegedly bordering on racism.

The whole thing started due to the shorter chap taking offence to Lopez being slagged off for messing up that free kick. At the end of the day, that sort of comment has been levelled at many a player and it was none of the shorter chaps business.

The fact that as it went on, he felt the need to offer people out as he did not agree with opinions is unfortunate. The fact that the shorter chap felt the need to head butt somebody at the end of the game was unnecessary, but like all things everyone will have a version of events.

All a bit odd really.

Whilst I am not proud of the fact I head butted that lad. My argument was with the one who abused me verbally throughout the second half. Additionally, when someone is a few inches from your face grabbing your scarf you have two choices. Unfortunately I took the wrong one, I did try to apologise outside and even offered to shake the lads hand but told me to basically do one.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Whilst I am not proud of the fact I head butted that lad. My argument was with the one who abused me verbally throughout the second half. Additionally, when someone is a few inches from your face grabbing your scarf you have two choices. Unfortunately I took the wrong one, I did try to apologise outside and even offered to shake the lads hand but told me to basically do one.

I guess people do not like being head butted, hence the apology not being accepted?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Watford havent given the entire Vicarage Road Stand to any club for the past few years, though it will probably change once their new stand is built. We cant get given anymore seats due to the layout of the ground - simple as that. Watford have STHs in the area next to the away fans too, so moving them would be difficult - that and we will hardly sell another 2,000 anyway.

Besides, do you really want more people in that tiny, tiny concourse ?

One thing that will be fun on that Sunday is London Stations - Palace are away at Arsenal for a 4PM KO the same day - was offered free tickets to that too, turned down as im at Watford instead, though it would have been fun to see them get demolished. Could get pwopa tasty - especially as the "local" games tend to attract the "idiots" in our fanbase.

I guess people do not like being head butted, hence the apology not being accepted?

This, amazingly after being headbutted - the last thing I would want to do is be their best mate (in the style of Shaggy - it wasnt me).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

FYI we were standing in row JJ and saw what happened , the comment about the Lopez free kick just added to all the other negative comments made about Spanish Dave beforehand. Older bloke told him to STFU.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
They wouldn't even let CPFC have the whole stand for an FA Cup game, even though we'd sold out 3,500 tickets and they weren't allowed any home fans in that stand as a result, they still wouldn't sell us anymore.

Strange club Watford with even possibly the quietest support in The Championship.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I wasn't there so didn't see the incident but from reading thus it sounds to me that someone held a different opinion to that of another fan and the second fan decided rather thean ignore it, he would use violence to back up his feelings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here