Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watering the Pitch before kick off

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
This has annoyed me all season - watering the pitch 5 mins before kick off? Our plays all season have slipped - yesterday i remember 3 occasions when players slipped which then led to clear goal scoring opportunities. We are defending badly most of the time - why make it harder.....Stop watering the pitch 5 mins before kick off???

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Totally agree. Presumably it's done to try and make the ball move faster to suit our passing game? However, the players have been slipping over all season leading to us nearly conceding. Either they sort our some proper studs or perhaps ease off on the watering.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Agree. Couldn't believe it when the sprinklers came on 5 minutes before kick-off. Didn't the groundsmen see the weather forecast?
Gus needs to have a word.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
This has annoyed me all season - watering the pitch 5 mins before kick off? Our plays all season have slipped - yesterday i remember 3 occasions when players slipped which then led to clear goal scoring opportunities. We are defending badly most of the time - why make it harder.....Stop watering the pitch 5 mins before kick off???

It's the latest craze

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
It is a bizarre choice taking into account the number of times the playes have slipped up!

Its a bit strange that to the best of my recollection it does not appear to affect players from the away team so much. In which case it is either a footwear issue or the players should have ballet lessons to learn to balance.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It's definitely our players falling over more than the opposition which makes me think it is their footwear rather than the watering of the pitch to blame

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sure the players are picking the wrong footwear - it's happened in every single match at the Amex.

How are the players picking the wrong footwear? They'd be unaware that somebody was gormless enough to water the pitch five minutes before kick-off. Irrespective of whether it was some kind of Tactical Advantage Ploy Gone Wrong, shirley somebody in the club should be assigned to tell them the pitch has been watered five minutes before they're due to go out and play on it when they've already got their boots on. Just won't do.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How are the players picking the wrong footwear? They'd be unaware that somebody was gormless enough to water the pitch five minutes before kick-off. Irrespective of whether it was some kind of Tactical Advantage Ploy Gone Wrong, shirley somebody in the club should be assigned to tell them the pitch has been watered five minutes before they're due to go out and play on it when they've already got their boots on. Just won't do.

You mean - gasp! - they don't know the pitch is watered five minutes before kick-off...? Oh wow.

Somebody gormless - someone like, say, the Uruguayan chap?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here